Sr. EDI Specialist - 3PL/Customer/Supplier/Finance x3
Job Description:Sr. EDI Specialist - 3PL/Customer/Supplier/Finance x2
Location: fully remote, client in Edina, MN
Duration: 12-24 months
- Ensures all electronic transactions supporting business processes can be completed
- Works with internal & external trading partners or business units to translate formats, ensure communication & facilitate the flow of new & existing transactions.
- Designs, implements, & supports electronic commerce solutions for business to consumer & business to business technologies -Contributes to & plays a key role in projects that encompass communications with EDI Value Added Networks, direct connections to trading partners, data transmissions to & from business applications, & data translation to & from ANSII X12/EDIFACT & other format types.
- Designs, implements, & supports electronic commerce solutions for business to consumer & business to business technologies -Contributes to & plays a key role in non-EDI projects that encompass communication requirements for non-EDI file transmissions. These requirements include assessing the communication needs for various source and target systems on the project, making recommendations to use either existing connections, or facilitating the creation of one or more new connections to meet the needs of the project that includes making the requests, working through the initial set ups, testing, documentation, and migration to production of the connections added.
- Responsibilities may also include application development, as well as database design & extraction.
- Leverages network experience in virtual private networks, Internet protocols, & multi-tier environments to deliver solutions & provide ongoing business support.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining documentation of each process created or modified. Ensure the documentation is added to the team library for the EDI and Support teams use.
- Represent the EDI team on any assigned projects and/or planning sessions to gather requirements and make recommendations related to EDI and non-EDI transmissions, data translation, and communication requirements.
- Work both independently and with team members on implementations and communications projects. May take the role of team lead on some projects.
5+ year of EDI or related experience
- SAP On Boarding Engineer
- SAP - Idoc flow
- SAP EDI Knowledge - IB/OB EDI transactions - see attached list
- SAP OTC, P2P and FI functionality, master data and process flow that generates or receives EDI transactions
- SAP EDPAR/EDSDC and Trading Partner (ISA) setup
- Putty & UNIX (basic knowledge)
- Troubleshooting/analytical skills/critical thinking
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under minimal supervisor
- Microsoft - Word and Excel
- EDI System experience with a focus on Distribution documents (EG 850, 855, 856, 810, 867, 844)
- Experience with JD Edwards
- Strong Communication Skills
- Experience with IBM Sterling B2B Integrator BP Modeler and mapper.
- Experience with sFTP, FTP and AS2
- Experience with SI mapper and ITXA mapper
- AS/400 and DB2
- Experience with connection protocols SFTP, AS2 etc
- CL programming.
- Data encryption for EDI
- Working understanding of EDI terminology
- Experience with leading projects
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of how to create a transaction specification document
- Distribution Experience
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office
- SQL (Oracle and/or DB2)
A plus to have
- Project/program management skills
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical distribution or similar distribution businesses
- Experience in Health Care industry
- Experience with SalesForce and/or JIRA
- HL7 experience is a plus.
- Linux a plus
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.