Biomedical Equipment Technician
Job Description:Apex Systems is actively seeking an Biomedical Equipment Technician for a direct hire opportunity.
SUMMARY OF JOB
The BioMed Equipment Specialist serves as a subject matter expert on one or more specific types of complex biomedical equipment by performing a variety of tasks associated with the installation, maintenance, calibration and repair of biomedical equipment in a specialty area. This position coordinates special projects and performs specialized technical tasks under limited supervision on sophisticated clinical devices and systems. This position also maintains clinical equipment through the effective use of the Medical Equipment Management Plan and the Biomedical Technology Services Program.
- Serves as a resource and provides assistance to other staff in areas concerning specialty, including providing training and instruction to others on specialty equipment.
- Provides instruction to equipment users on electrical safety, safe operation, and care of equipment.
- Provides alternate solutions for critical issues to higher level for approval prior to implementation.
- Performs assigned duties in accordance with current policies and procedures.
- Repairs, installs, inspects, troubleshoots, and calibrates equipment in specialty area and is familiar with most classes of clinical equipment.
- Performs planned maintenance.
- Makes decisions on the majority of complex issues that are broad based, using general policy guidelines.
- Job duties may include the access to and/or contact with medications and related supplies.
- Supervisory responsibilities (if applicable): Oversee staff in the absence of supervisor.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in the repair and maintenance of medical equipment, with at least two years directed towards the specialty area.
- Training and Demonstrated Competency in at least two complex specialty areas or pieces of equipment.
- Specialty areas include, but are not limited to: Respiratory (Ventilators, etc.), Surgical Services (Anesthesia units, surgical Lights, surgical tables, etc.), Dialysis, Medical Device Networking, Ultrasound, Portable Imaging Equipment, Lasers, Sterilization and High level Disinfection
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.