Electrical Engineer Senior
Senior Electrical Engineer
Large, international medical diagnostics company is hiring a new Electrical Engineer for their growing team. We support a product line that is the industry standard worldwide and need ongoing support to retain our outstanding quality measures. This position will work hybrid with a good amount of time at our north Tucson location. Enjoy the stunning mountain views while collaborating with our professional team towards the support of cancer patients!
Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of design principles, practices and implementation in complex systems and assignments. General responsibilities include design concept generation, participating in design reviews, development and testing to assess performance against design specification; reliability testing, and assessment of system interactions. Makes independent decisions. Assist in the development of manufacturing processes and troubleshooting issues to determine root cause and possible engineering solutions.
• Practices and mentors in the use of company concepts, policies and procedures, familiar with and follows standard practices.
• Applies functional expertise routinely on the job.
• Receives general direction and exercises considerable discretion as to work details.
• Contributes to the definition and timely achievement of overall project goals.
• Participates or leads in efforts to define new components, products or processes.
• Identifies and solves technical challenges.
• Identifies and implements improvements to work processes.
• Creates potentially patentable components for systems, or processes.
• Designs, plans and executes project related tasks.
• Designs and executes experiments to test hypothesis related to project outcomes.
• Applies advanced scientific knowledge to projects; determines priorities for experiments.
• Independently designs and executes experiments.
• Utilizes DOE as appropriate.
• Assures experimental quality through sound, independent, experimental design.
• Participates or leads cross functional technical teams.
• Establishes interfaces across other organizational groups.
• Provides technical direction and feedback to others.
• Teaches others and troubleshoots problems.
• Participates in project planning, process updates and contributes to experimental design.
• Prepares and delivers presentations of project results to others; presents data to larger and more diverse audiences.
• Monitors work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent in a directly related discipline.
8 years of related experience with BS
MS degree in a directly related discipline + 4 years of related experience required
PhD degree in a directly related discipline + 2 years of related experience required
Knowledge, Skill or Ability
• Demonstrates success in technical proficiency, creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought.
• Expert knowledge of engineering principles and concepts.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.