- Client Industry: Financial Services and Banking
- Location: Onsite in San Antonio, TX
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
- Duration: 24 months
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Scrum Masters in this role facilitate and promote the effective use of the scrum development methodology. When done right, the use of agile and scrum techniques transforms the development process, allowing teams to quickly deliver value. Every story, iteration, and retrospective becomes an opportunity to collaboratively hear from our customers about what matters most.
It is an exciting, fast-paced process, requiring Scrum Masters to leverage all their knowledge of agile and scrum, along with leadership and team-building skills, to create high-performing teams on a mission to serve our members.
Scrum Masters in this role are servant leaders who guide, coach, and educate product owners and development teams through story development, iterations, retrospectives, product backlog management, and decision making, all while keeping our members first in mind.
You will creatively promote and lead an open, transparent, and respectful team environment, and apply your knowledge of agile and scrum to help teams on their journey to continuous improvement. You will lead your team through the scrum process, removing any impediments blocking progress as they work to provide our members with exceptional products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) majors, or 4+ years of equivalent work experience in IT
- 6+ years of equivalent work experience in IT involving continuous process improvement, project management, business requirements and analysis, and/or technical proficiency
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 6+ years of relevant experience with Agile
- Knowledge of multiple technical software delivery life cycles
- Advanced knowledge of business management methodology, change management theory and practices and process engineering methodologies.
- Preferred certifications: Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Agile Certified Professional (ACP), Safe Program Consultant (SPC), Safe Agilist (SA).
IT Scrum Masters enable teams to create innovative solutions that impact our members by championing continuous improvement. Collectively, we are:
• Curious and excited by new ideas
• Fluent in the agile mindset
• Energized by a fast-paced environment
• Focused on the team
• Able to understand and translate business needs into leading-edge technology
• Community-focused, dependable and committed
• Exceptionally detail-oriented
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.