Release Train Engineer
* If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your resume to Maddie Watt at [email protected] *
Title: Release Train Engineer
Location: San Antonio, TX - 4 days on site, 1 day remote
Duration: 24 month contract
Chance to convert: Yes
Number of openings: 1
Hours: M-F 40 hour work week
- Facilitates seamless collaboration and maximizes team and program performance by driving continuous improvement across multiple technical and/or non-technical team(s) to ensure rapid and timely delivery of business value (experience, product, and/or service) and achievement of goals. Ensure cross team coordination. For Example: should be an experienced Scrum Master for 1-2 teams or moving into in a Release Train Engineer (RTE) role.
- Mentors and coaches teams and program teams and other Scrum Masters in Agile practices and mindset. Fosters a growth mindset and spirit of continuous improvement and learning.
- Removes impediments to team or Release Train’s progress whether internal or organizational in nature. When necessary, escalates impediments to facilitate rapid resolution. Supports efforts to resolve systemic impediments that continually block teams within their organization.
- Supports and educates product owners and product managers, especially with respect to refining and managing the product backlog and decision making.
- Ensures effective communication within and across teams and Programs; schedules and facilitates cross-functional meetings, and ensures appropriate progress tools, information radiators, and reports effectively provide transparency on team’s (or multiple teams’) or Program’s progress/productivity.
- Performs risk, issue, and dependency management for the teams and/or program. Also ensures release management practices align to enterprise standards.
- Acts as Agile SME to teams, departmental teams, product owners, and management. Participates in Scrum Master community of practice and mentors other Scrum Masters.
- For technology related efforts: Understands release-when ready, test-driven development, continuous integration, product demonstration and other technical engineering practices and guides team on leveraging them.
- Bachelors Degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years of relevant experience in process improvement, project management, or business/requirements analysis with at least 2 years as a Scrum Master, 1 year as an RTE, or working in a similar role in a lean or Scrum environment
- Advanced knowledge of multiple Agile delivery frameworks
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- 2 plus years of Release Train Engineer experience
- Prior experience in Property & Casualty
- Holds SAFe and Scrum Master certifications:
- Certified SAFe® Release Train Engineer
- Certified SAFe® Program Consultant
- Certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.