Instrument Processing Technician
Job Description:**For immediate consideration please send an updated copy of your resume to Angelia at
[email protected] with "Instrument Processing Technician" in the subject line**
Position Provides clean and sterile supplies and equipment through decontamination, preparation, sterilization, storage and distribution of surgical instruments and equipment utilizing infection control and safety practices during all phases of the process under the direction of a Unit Manager/Supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and write English and follow oral and written instructions
- Current HSPA or CBSP Certification or in an approved certification program.
Nice to have
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time, frequent pushing, pulling, and cleaning equipment and materials
Day to Day
- Inspect, test, clean, decontaminate and sterilize instruments/equipment to assure all are in good working order and available on a 24-hour basis.
- Identify and assemble surgical instrumentation using count sheets
- package in accordance with sterilization technique to be used
- attach labels; sterilize; place in proper storage area.
- Performs biological and chemical monitoring of sterilizers daily
- . Maintains proper documentation of sterilization records.
- Applies proper procedures in the operation of washers, sterilizers, high level disinfection equipment.
- Assures proper working condition of equipment and reports problems with equipment or maintenance needs.
- Perform all functions of flexible endoscope decontamination and high level disinfection or sterilization.
- Receive and track loaner instrumentation, borrowed instrumentation, and processed instrumentation use elsewhere in the facility.
- Acts as liaison with individuals responsible for ordering supplies. 8. Responds to requests to locate instrumentation and supplies.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.