Cyber Security Engineer
Job Description:Cyber Security Engineer
Apex Systems is looking for a qualified individual to fill an immediate opening for Cyber Security Engineer position. Please see the job description below for details of the role. If you are interested, please send a resume to [email protected]
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical oversight over the design and implementation of solutions that are deployed company wide.
- Provide support to ensure company-wide cohesiveness in the establishment of security guidelines and quality controls for the implementation of existing and new system designs and major modifications prior to implementation.
- Support the establishment of enterprise-wide security standards and non-functional requirement standards to ensure standardization across the organization
- Contribute to enterprise program around incident response and security operations
- Lead the development and maintenance of new/existing security operations practices
- Research, evaluate, recommend, design, test, and implement new security technologies
- Serve as subject matter expert and central point of contact for cybersecurity architecture
- Provide mentorship to junior security team members
- Provide consulting support and make recommendations to management regarding appropriate, timely, and necessary security improvements or enhancements.
- Analyze existing security architecture with a view for identifying design improvements, finding gap areas, and improving on areas of potential vulnerability.
- 3+ years of related experience
- Previous experience working in security operations.
- 1 or more industry security certifications including but not limited to: GIAC-GCIH and GCFA,CEH and Sec +, CISSP etc.
- Experience using open-source security tools such as Nessus, Nmap, Kali, and BurpSuite preferred
- Understanding of cybersecurity and detection techniques
- Experience of network anomaly detection using traffic analysis or network intruder detection systems
- Knowledge of multiple encryption technologies (SSH, SSL, etc.) and authentication mechanisms
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.