Power Apps Developer
Type: 6 month contract to start
Location: Houston, Texas 77079
Schedule: 3 days onsite, 2 days remote
Compensation: $60-75/hr w2
The Developers within the team deliver fast, custom, high business value solutions to the business using agile tools and technologies. They are self-directed high performers with a commitment to detail, quality, and customer service. This role works closely with business users across different functions and locations to understand and clarify requirements, undertake analysis of systems, business processes, data, support existing tools, and implement new technical solutions.
This team builds solutions for all areas of GPTA from trading through to settlement and other support functions. They have a great deal of interaction with Business Users and other I&E teams to develop and support existing tools. All members of the team have business-facing roles that require a mix of technical, business, and soft skills.
This experienced Developer should have experience with Excel, VBA, SQL, Automation Anywhere, Web-Scraping, and other development technologies. In particular, the candidate should have the ability to develop complex solutions that may be stand-alone or incorporate other tools and information sources. In addition, they must be able to articulate their technical knowledge and how this translates to a solution either in person or virtually.
Essential experience and job requirements:
- 5-10 years of development experience
- 2+ years’ experience working in an energy trading environment and understanding of the business
- Extensive experience and skills in developing solutions using Excel, VBA, Web scraping, and Windows service-based tools
- Experience with multiple development environments and programming languages, including recent experience with development in SQL, C#, AWS, Azure, and Power Platform
- Strong analysis, design and development background in order to build sophisticated solutions using a combination of tools if needed
- Exceptional communication skills and a comfort level in working effectively with people at various organizational levels
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize among multiple projects and switch tasks quickly
- Excellent team working skills with local and geographically distributed teams, often collaborating with non-technical users
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Familiarity with systems such as Endur, Epsilon, or SalesForce
- Business Analysis, including business process analysis and solution design
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.