Digital Asset Technician (Crystal Lake)
Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for a Robotic Maintenance Technician role. This is an 8+ month contract position, and the pay rate is flexible depending on experience. Here are the details:
For applicants who are interested in the Robotic Maintenance Technician Opportunity; please send a resume to Luke Selman, at [email protected]
Position: Robotic Maintenance Technician
Location: Crystal Lake, IL - 100% traveling role, per diem included
- Training Rate; $25/hr pay (first 6 weeks)
- Regular Rate: $30/hr pay
Duration: 8+ month contract
Robotic Maintenance Tech
The Robotic Maintenance Technician (RMT) will lead all preventive, and breakdown maintenance on Bots, Portals, Workstations, and Mechanical structure. The RMT is Alert certified technician with good understanding of System Operations including Safety System and the workflows to address all the hardware issues. Working closely with Alert Support team and System Operators, the RMT will lead and resolve hardware issues, complete workorders, tag defective parts for return, and manage onsite parts inventory. The work will require working during planned downtime windows. RMT is a hands-on individual with electro-mechanical aptitude and familiarity with Linux and command line.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and troubleshoot all Robotic and Structure issues.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on bots, stations, scales, and structure as per the planned schedule.
- Complete work orders for all maintenance tasks and update the Trouble tickets with relevant information.
- Collect information on any system issue identified during maintenance and provide feedback to the Alert Support team.
- Implement any recommendations from the Alert Support team and provide updates. Resolve incidents once work has completed.
- Perform any engineering recommended upgrade or rework.
- Maintain all Alert Approved tools and fixtures in good condition.
- Tag and return defective parts to Alert.
- Order replacements parts to maintain onsite stocking levels. Perform inventory audits of FRUs.
- Collect and provide feedback to Onsite Ops leaders. Share feedback with Alert team.
• Lift and move inventory and order totes up to 50 pounds.
• Lifting tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 50 pounds
• Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrist
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
- Continual standing and/or walking an average of 2 miles daily.
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, etc.)
- Ability to work in all environments (Ambient, Chilled and Frozen) using approved PPE.
Operation Support & Customer Service:
- Promote and conduct good housekeeping practices
- Position may be required to be on-call, including holidays and weekends
- Flexibility with work hours and days. (7 days a week operation, including holidays)
- Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer focused manner.
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer centric.
- Associate degree or 4 years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Robotics, Mechanical or Electrical field
Experience and proficiency in the following areas:
- Warehouse Automation
- Electro-mechanical skills
- Familiarity with Linux, Java, XML, SQL, and databases
- Blueprint and electrical schematic reading
- PLC programs
- Preventive and Breakdown Maintenance
- Degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Robotics, Mechanical or Electrical fields
- Able to manage, lead, and influence others on the team
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload
- Detail oriented and ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors, and vendors
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
- Leadership experience/aptitude. Ability to train and mentor other service technicians
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.