Policy Governance Manager
Job Description:Apex Systems is partnering with a Bank in Delaware looking to hire a Policy Governance Manager. This is a contract role that will be onsite 3-days a week in Wilmington, DE.
Overview of the role:
A leading financial services company is in search of Policy Governance Managers on a 6 month contract to hire basis to deliver a fully integrated and scalable Operations and Technology Policy Management Governance Framework by continuously monitoring, identifying, and remediating Policy Governance and Management risk within the Firm. Proactively ensure the Policy Document portfolio remains relevant and current. Supports related risk programs, including but not limited to: audit response, regulatory inquiry and response, etc. Manages complex projects that involve working with the businesses to improve controls to mitigate any deficiencies. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
The ideal person for this role has a Policy Management or strong audit background, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is driven with a strong analytical mindset to develop creative solutions to solve problems and enhance the organizations risk framework.
Day to Day:
- Compose and deliver business documents, such as senior management presentations, governance reports, executive summaries, business cases, business/process requirements.
- Manage and enhance the Policy Lifecycle for developing, approving, communicating, retiring, and maintaining policies, standards, and procedures across Operations & Technology by assessing triggers, stakeholder engagement, partnering with the Corporate Policy Governance Office, and ensuring vigorous audit management.
- Partner with Process Owners to write policy documents, incorporate key business aligned and regional technology team perspectives, and solicit and integrate input from horizontal risk management contributors and assessors.
- Ensures the Policy Document portfolio remains current, evolves to reflect changes in business and regulatory requirements, and provides management of the policy lifecycle and portfolio.
- Responsible for taking a Policy Document through the Policy Lifecycle (develop/write, review, approvals, publication, communication).
- 5 years of experience in operational risk management, legal, regulatory compliance, and/or technology risk and control mandatory
- Bachelors degree
- Financial industry experience
- Excel experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategy and process improvement/transformational initiatives
Soft Skills: Quick Learner, independent thinker, eager to learn and grow in role
What are the nice to have’s:
- CISA, CISSP or CRISC and ISACA certifications
- B.S. in Law, Accounting, Economics, or other business major
Please send all resumes to [email protected].
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.