Healthcare Inventory Technician (Tulsa OK)
Job Description:Apex Systems is actively seeking a Healthcare Inventory Technician near Tulsa, OK contract opportunity with a management consulting firm offering services to the healthcare, life sciences, commercial, and higher education industries.
The Healthcare Inventory Technician, also known as a healthcare supply technician or inventory clerk, is responsible for managing and maintaining the inventory of medical supplies, equipment, and other materials necessary for the efficient operation of healthcare facilities.
- Maintain accurate and organized records of all healthcare inventory including medical supplies, equipment, and materials.
- This includes tracking stock levels, conducting regular counts, and ensuring appropriate levels of supplies are on hand.
- Receive deliveries of medical supplies, equipment, and materials.
- Verify the accuracy of shipments, check for damages, and distribute items to the appropriate departments or storage areas.
- Monitor inventory levels and reorder supplies as needed to prevent shortages.
- Ensure that stock is rotated, and older items are used before newer ones to prevent expiration.
- Inspect incoming supplies and equipment for defects or damage.
- Remove and report any items that do not meet quality standards.
- Keep track of expiration dates and ensure expired items are properly disposed of.
- Maintain detailed and up-to-date inventory records using inventory management software and databases.
- Generate reports, requisition forms, and other documentation as needed.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of emergency supply kits to ensure the facility is well-prepared for disasters or unexpected events.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred for this position. Additional coursework in supply chain management or a related field would be beneficial.
- Some experience in inventory management, preferably in a healthcare setting, is preferred but not required.
- Must be highly detail-oriented to maintain accurate inventory records and ensure the quality of supplies and equipment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are important for interacting with colleagues, vendors, and other healthcare staff.
- Strong organizational skills are essential to keep inventory storage areas orderly and efficient.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.