Data Center Technician - Franklin, WI
Our great client in Franklin, WI has an immediate opening for a Data Center Technician. If you are interested please apply with resume to [email protected].
- Providing ‘remote-hands’ support to data center customers.
- Respond and resolve support tickets in system
- Provide Level one Network support
- Testing Fiber and copper cables
- Cleaning Fiber and copper cables
- Cleaning and replacing SFPs if needed
- Installation and maintenance of the structured cabling system.
- Maintain inventory of fiber and copper cabling
- Quote and order additional materials as needed
- Quote and order materials to build out additional Data Center capacity
- Rack & stack of IT hardware.
- Understanding of AC & DC power circuits.
- Construction of ladder and fiber trays.
- Maintaining records and documenting issues utilizing our DCIM system (Nlyte).
- Operate, monitor, and respond to abnormal conditions with our facilities systems.
- Crossover work with the CEE team as needed.
The IT Facilities Engineer is responsible for deploying and maintaining servers and the supporting infrastructure in a dynamic environment with rapidly shifting priorities, while maintaining high availability. A confirmed attention to detail and effective documentation skills are important components to success.
The Data Center Services team strives to provide an efficient, risk driven approach to managing the raised floor area of the Data Center. These services include managing assets throughout their life cycle, data destruction, and ensuring appropriate physical and logical security for vendors within the environment. The work environment is a hands-on, fast paced, and deadline-oriented where adaptability is key to our success as a team, thus having depth knowledge of working in large-scale Data Center environments is a critical. The individual will be responsible for managing the inventory and assets in our Data Center in accordance with the standard policies and procedures designated by the group. This individual will play a key role in ensuring our Data Center inventory is up-to-date and accurate.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.