2x Senior Technical Project Managers (Infrastructure)
Job Description:Senior Technical Project Manager
Client Industry: Healthcare IT
Terms: 1 Year Contract (2x 6 Month Extensions available)
Hours: Full Time (40 Hours / Week)
Work Location: 90% Remote Work - Consultants must be based in Greater Vancouver Area for onsite installations and assessments are required
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 1 Year from Start Date
The Project Services department is responsible for delivering a wide range of IT infrastructure projects for the Health Authorities of British Columbia.
The successful candidate for this senior role will be responsible for managing multiple concurrent IT infrastructure projects.
- The Technical Project Manager roles lead and coordinate all aspects of the IT infrastructure projects undertaken by the Project Services department for the Health Authorities, ensuring that deliverables are completed on time and on budget, as identified in the project plan
- These roles are responsible for tracking /managing the project deliverables, schedule, financials, and quality
- Management of project resources, including network infrastructure, data storage, server / virtualization, and database services resources, as required, based on the scope of the assigned projects
- Establishes detailed project plans, schedules and action plans to produce project deliverables
- Executes project plans according to the established project management methodology, to ensure the successful and coordinated completion of project components
- Tracks project progress according to the project plan, and reports on the status of the projects and any key issues that are encountered
- Consults with stakeholders as needed and ensures readiness for project implementation
- Preparation of project change requests for any changes in scope, schedule, and budget
- Review and approval of the project IT Infrastructure deliverables and artifacts, ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Develops / distributes regular project status reports and leads / attends regular client project status meetings
- Leads the development process for IT infrastructure project proposals of varying degrees of complexity, costs and impact, on behalf of various external HAs across the province, working internally within their own team and with other Technology Services groups to conclude the project proposal process, utilizes professional expertise in proposal management, development, solving, estimating, tracking and reporting, client engagement, and stakeholder relationship development and management
- Collaborates with Solution Architects and other Technology Services resources to determine the technology feasibility, constraints and options / requirements; translates technical solution(s) / specifications into clearly articulated and easily understood language for proposals
- Manages internal and external stakeholder relationships related to the proposal development / approval process
- Reviews and discusses all components of the proposal with the client(s) and confirms requirements; takes questions and explains the rationale behind the resource estimates, infrastructure / technology options and solutions, including what cannot be done, and reworks the project proposal based on client feedback
Specific Qualifications or Experience Required:
- A minimum of 6 years project management experience, managing a range of IT infrastructure (servers, storage, voice / data / wireless networking) projects in large, outsourced IT service delivery organizations
- Enjoy working as part of a team and respect for chain of command.
- Detail-oriented approach to data-driven project deliverables.
- Strong budget management skills.
- Training and experience with best practice project management techniques and processes.
- Experience leading a multi-disciplinary team of technical resources.
- PMP certification is preferred.
- Good verbal and written communications.
Seniority Level Description:
- A Degree in Consulting Category related disciplines and a minimum of four (4) years of related Consulting Category experience; or
- A Diploma in Consulting Category related disciplines and a minimum of five (5) years of related Consulting Category experience; or
- A Certificate in Consulting Category related disciplines and a minimum of six (6) years of related Consulting Category experience; or
- An absolute minimum of eight (8) years of directly related Consulting Category experience.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.