Senior Associate Scientist
Apex Systems has an exciting opening for two Sr Associate Scientists with our premier pharmaceutical client located in Morrisville, NC! Under general supervision, the Sr Associate Scientist performs testing of raw materials and finished products, media growth promotion testing, and general laboratory housekeeping tasks. Work can be varied in complexity but usually involves limited responsibility. Follows established methods and protocols. Complies with site Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
To apply please email your resume to [email protected]
- 2 -5 years plus of lab experience
- Bachelors Degree in Biology
- ELISA experience
- PCR experience
- Virology a plus
- At least a year cGMP experience a plus in the industry.
- SoftMax is a plus.
- Execute laboratory work based on scheduled developed by supervisor or senior team member
- May draft or assist in drafting technical documents such as methods or certificates of analysis
- Perform peer review of laboratory documentation and may become qualified to perform technical review of documents for accuracy, thoroughness, and regulatory compliance.
- Assists in the execution of efficiency improvement projects with guidance
- Performs a variety of testing on different sterile and non-sterile products
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or similar science related field.
- Experience working in a GLP/GMP laboratory and familiarity with GLP/GMP documentation preferred
- On an average 8 hour day this position requires the ability to walk, sit and stand, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms at or above shoulder height and below waist height, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear, smell and lift up to 40 pounds
- Specific vision requirements including reading of written documents, visual inspection of materials and use of computer monitor screen frequently
- May require the use of a respirator
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.