VDOT Data Project Manager PMP 2 ROLES
Data Project Manager
Location: Richmond, VA (majority remote)
All interested and qualified candidates can please contact Schuyler Moose at [email protected]
- Serve as a hands-on technical project manager with development staff and business groups while managing the design development and implementation of the cloud-based data management platform.
- Coordinate and communicate with ITD management and staff to coordinate work tasks and resourcing.
- Communicate timelines and expectations to technical and business staff.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand project requirements and support data management needs.
- Ensure data is collected stored and processed securely and in compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Manage and maintain the cloud infrastructure and software systems.
- Ensure the platform is reliable scalable and secure.
- Analyze data and provide insights to support decision-making by project management teams.
- Provide training and support for end-users to ensure the platform is used effectively.
- Demonstrable capability and experience in planning implementing and maintenance of local master data systems and processes across business units and functions.
- Understanding of data and leveraging it to deliver business value. Data analysis skills and the ability to discuss requirements with data teams
- Experience in data governance concepts and data governance implementations.
- Ability to use agile approach and methodology to drive master data governance processes.
- Adhere to VDOT and VITA project management practices and governance requirements coordinate with VDOT and VITA Project Management Offices.
- Maintain project budget plans tasks schedules risks and status and disseminates information to team members and customers as defined in the communications plan.
- Ensure documentation of requirements and uses cases facilitate design workshops for assigned project.
- Ensure definition of test objectives designed test plans and test cases for assigned project.
- Provide the management of project milestones and deliverables for on-time and on-budget delivery.
- Define measure and clearly communicate progress with metrics.
- Support system and application training efforts.
- The candidate must have a minimum of 8 years’ experience managing large projects and a bachelors degree.
- Experience managing cloud-based solutions for data management and analytics.
- Strong knowledge of cloud infrastructure and software systems including Azure and Google Cloud.
- Experience with data processing and storage tools e.g. Spark Azure Data Factory Azure Data Lake Storage Azure Event Hub Azure SQL Synapse.
- Excellent analytical problem-solving and communication skills.
- Knowledge of transportation data and project management with transportation data is a plus.
- Experience in IT Infrastructure delivery networking physical plant vendor management site provisioning is preferred.
- Experience managing large multi-stream projects.
- PMP or Qualified under Commonwealth of Virginia Qualification Standards for IT Project Managers for Category 4 Projects. See: http://www.vita.virginia.gov/oversight/projects/default.aspx?id=589
- Microsoft Office products Word Excel Access Outlook Visio PowerPoint Project Server
- Technical Business Analyst understanding of data integration and data project
- Experience in the roll-out and adoption of governance tools such as Alation Collibra Informatica or Microsoft Purview.
- Comfortable in writing queries SQL Python R Scala as needed and experience with various data technologies such as Erwin Azure Synapse or SQL Server Snowflake Databricks
- Experienced in working through a data strategy that is migrating from on prem to a cloud driven approach
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.