VDOT Network Engineer 3 Colonial Heights, VA ONSITE
PLEASE READ the job description thoroughly! If you do not meet every single requirement, please still apply. However, you must be comfortable with and able to adhere to each detail in the "About" section (even if you meet all of the requirements).
If you are interested and have a background in networking, please send an updated resume to Victoria at [email protected].
Network Administrator to support local and field network troubleshooting. This job requires Network Knowledge and basic remote troubleshooting skills. While networking being the main focus of this job, you will still interact with Tier 1 Support issues
Title: Network Administrator
Location: Colonial Heights, VA - 100% onsite!
Contract: long-term contract
- Responds to Tier 1 network support requests.
- On Call Rotation Required
- Communicates effectively with teammates and customers of varying levels of technical expertise.
- Responds to all break/fix requests associated with network resources.
- Designs extensions of and connections to the campus network.
- Configures and deploys new/replacement network hardware and communications infrastructure.
- Maintains up-to-date project and architecture documentation.
- Maintains up-to-date inventory and maintenance records.
- Monitors network resources for faults and traffic anomalies.
- Resolves connection issues between users and resources.
- Maintains detailed change history of network changes.
- Supports Field Maintenance with communications implementation and troubleshooting.
- Supports team efforts to improve cybersecurity controls and defenses.
- Supports team efforts for threat hunting and mitigation.
- Manages time and resource constraints.
- Task Automation
- Basic Windows Workstation Troubleshooting
- Basic Linux Command Line
- 3 years’ experience with Cisco Routing and Switching
- 3-5 years of experience with VLAN Management
- 3 years of experience with Network Design
- 3 years of experience with Access Control Lists
- 3 years of experience with subnetting
- 3 years of experience with Routing Protocols
- 5 years of experience with Network Monitoring
- 5 years of experience VPN Remote Access Technologies
- 1-2 years of experience Windows Workstation Troubleshooting
Nice to Have:
- 5 years of experience with DNS/DHCP - Highly desired!
- 3 years of experience with Network Security is also highly desired.
- 3 years of experience with Firepower, Firepower Threat Defense, and Firepower Management
- 3 years of experience with Console
- 1 year of with experience/exposure to Linux
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.