Job Description:This role will support the identification, creation & reporting of data metrics used to enforce Information Security policies and programs. These metrics are reviewed and tracked by Process Owners to drive security compliance & governance, control implementations, and allow process improvements.
Ideally targeting someone experienced in data warehousing and Power BI. This person will need to be skilled in identifying & analyzing process data, sourcing & extracting data from disparate sources, and creating dashboards.
This person will need to build datasets necessary to generate policy-tracking metrics and executive-level dashboards of these metrics.
For immediate consideration, send your resume to Erin at [email protected] and reference Job ID 2004041.
Our client has a backlog of work and needs a Data Analyst to:
- Identify policy and security program metrics to demonstrate compliance of security protocols
- Further mature current policy metrics to include the new aspects of policies, enhancing process tracking by using more data
- Develop data necessary to track 20 separate policies /standards for governance and compliance, all coming from many unique data sources.
- Create executive-level dashboards for each of the non-compliant policy models, combining many disparate data sources into one Power BI summary
In order to measure compliance, for each policy it is necessary to
a) identify the source system(s) housing the data that will give us the policy compliance insights – which sometimes requires process changes to capture the data, and
b) Pulling the data into Power BI for modeling by gaining direct access to the system, extracting data from the system, and building a historical dataset (this is the case the majority of the time).
• Ability to source & extract data from disparate sources for a specific purpose
• Experience with Informatica to create ETL pipelines
• Data cleansing and preparation
• Data analysis and exploration
• Create data visualizations
• Create dashboards, analytics, and reports
• Critical thinking
• Problem solving
• Attention to detail
• Business strategy and operations understanding
• Writing and communication
• Statistical knowledge
• Domain/Active Directory knowledge
• Programming language (specifically SQL, Python, and R)
• SSIS is a plus
• knowledge of using and working with APIs
- Cyber Security metrics experience is a plus
- Masters of Science in Business Informatics a plus!
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.