Data Center Energy Marshal 2
The Energy Marshal is an assurance role that helps ensure the vendors’ and contractors’ Energy Isolation Program meets or exceeds company safety policy requirements as stood up by the Authorizing Energy Marshal.
Energy Isolation Management is a significant part of Microsoft’s construction and commissioning efforts. To ensure focus and compliance for all aspects and types of energy isolation a Energy Marshal is required for each campus or project.
This critical role implements learnings, provides consistency, and drives rigor into Microsoft’s energy isolation program. The Energy Marshal is a MS representative who oversees and assures the Authorizing Energy Marshal (GC) and supplemental vendor support comply with the overall Energy Isolation Program Management on a datacenter construction campus.
1. The Energy Marshal is an assurance role that helps ensure the vendors’ and contractors’ Energy Isolation Program meets or exceeds any Microsoft safety policy requirements and is stood up by the Authorizing Energy Marshal.
2. Utilize SPS-101 Energy Isolation SPS and SPS-101 Energy Isolation Guidebook as the baseline and foundation of the Energy Isolation Program that is implemented throughout the campus and project.
3. Establishes and manages an Energy Isolation assurance process and works with site teams to close any gaps identified in assurance audits. Alignment Checklist SPS 101 Energy Isolation is provided as a reference / guideline
4. Participate in High Risk Activity (HRA) planning meetings associated with Energy Isolation.
5. Ensures approval process for proposed Energy Isolation procedures is in place.
6. Work with the Authorizing Energy Marshal to establish an Energy Isolation Permit process.
7. Ensures SoWs, MOPs, and Scripts are reviewed, and all sources of energy are identified.
8. Helps determine if a group or individual LOTO will be required. Establishes with the Authorizing Energy Marshal a centralized LOTO with all site entities.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.