Construction Manager (Wind Project)
Apex Systems is actively hiring for a Wind Turbine Construction Manager role with a Power and Utilities Client!
This position is designated as on-site with preferred candidates living in Iowa Falls, Iowa
**For immediate consideration, please send your most up-to-date resume in a Word Document to: Alex at [email protected]*
Position: Construction Manager
Location: Iowa Falls, Iowa
Purpose: This contractor will be overseeing Wind Turbine Construction Projects
Experience: 5+ years of relatable professional experience preferred
Hours: M-F, 40 hours per week.
Length: 12 months
Wind Project Construction Manager
This person will be reporting on-site in the field and at the construction sites in Iowa Falls.
Experience managing construction projects with Vestas model V82 exp Experience as an Owners Representative Experience/working knowledge of risk mitigation practices
Provides onsite management for project implementation of large-scale construction projects. Responsibilities include contractor evaluation and selection, safety, quality, engineering, construction, quality, startup testing, performance testing, and environmental compliance testing. Responsible for tracking the project against its schedule, reporting status to management and customer on a regular basis, and implementing processes in a timely, safe, cost effective and environmentally conscious manner.
These accountabilities are not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities and does not limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees assigned to this job. Primary Accountabilities
- Manage field personnel to monitor day-to-day activities and provide oversight to Contractor and Sub Contractors, identify construction specification errors, assure construction is in accordance with contract specifications and applicable codes, assure safe and efficient work methods are utilized.
- Ensure the execution and practice of all safety policies and procedures by all construction employees and promote safety culture among the ranks throughout the company and project. With the assistance of the safety department, investigates accidents and safety incidents. Responsible for communicating safety investigation information to management. Responsible for administering and monitoring safety programs and performing safety assessments.
- Accountable for performance measurements and standards of associated processes utilizing quality control and quality assurance processes. Demonstrates understanding of performance measures and utilizes information to improve process (e.g., cost control, scheduling, executing, safety, etc.).
- Communicate to stakeholders, construction progress as it relates to Safety, Production, Risk, Schedule, Finance, and Quality and reports any situations that require management attention immediately.
- Provide management and coordination with external contractors and equipment manufacturers and support site permitting process, equipment selection, project design specifications, develop project schedules and cost estimates.
- Provide onsite contractor interface, local government interface and community relations. Understands and enforces rules set by regulatory bodies (i.e., DOT, OSHA, DNR, etc.)
- Provide interface with internal project team personnel, interface with customers and supervise employees on a daily basis.
- Develop project Punch List and ensure Punch List completion, validate milestones and /or quantities submitted by the contractor for payment, and assist in resolution of field problems as appropriate.
- Ensure the quality of construction through continuous monitoring of the construction and installation QC process. Supervision
- Performs work under the general supervision of a Manager or Director. 2 Supervision
- Supervises the work of professional, non-exempt, and bargaining unit employees, and contractors and sub-contractors engaged in renewable site construction activities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, knowledge, skills and/or abilities required to perform this job.
- Educational Requirements: Education Level Field of Study Required/Preferred Bachelors Degree Preferred Required Experience
- 8+ years progressive professional experience in renewable energy/solar construction related positions (e.g., management, project controls, QA/QC)
- 5+ years of experience constructing or overseeing construction for Vestas model V82s
- 5+ years of supervisory experience
- Expert knowledge of cost control philosophy and methodologies, estimating, change management, and document controls procedures required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Promotes and supports diversity initiatives and equal employment opportunity. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated project management skills, with experience in managing construction projects.
- Demonstrated experience working with labor union management preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety rules and applicable building codes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction standards, work methods, equipment, maintenance practices and materials. Ability to read and understand maps, plan and profiles, and drawings.
- Demonstrated experience as an owner’s representative.
- Demonstrated management skills.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer software programs (e.g., e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and project management).
- Demonstrated knowledge of risk mitigation practices
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.