Comms Net ENG MID -China Lake
Communications Network Engineer MID
- Maintaining computer networks including Cisco switches, routers and other physical hardware in the DoD network
- Installing and configuring network equipment
- Using Nessus or other vulnerability tools to scan, patch and maintain network security
- Monitoring computer systems to improve network performance for all systems
- Troubleshooting, resolving, and communicating networking issues to other employees and management
- Evaluate communication hardware and software, as well as troubleshoot Local Area Networks/Base Area Networks/Wide Area Networks (LAN/BAN/WAN), and other network related problems.
- Administer LAN/BAN/WANs.
- Schedule conversions and cutovers.
- Coordinate with all responsible users and sites.
- Specialized experience in the performance and configuration of networks as well as the integration and testing of complex large-scale computer integrated networks.
- Must possess an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) network support certification such as a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- 4 years of experience in information systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field of study
- IAT Level 2, CompTIA S+ or above required
- Strong understand of network protocol and technology like T1, ATM, MPLS, OSPF and GigEthernet
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Maintaining current knowledge and understanding of security and networking best practices to offer the best solutions and protection to company systems
Preferred experience and certifications:
- 1-2 years of experience in Linux administration
- Experience in ACAS, Tenable. security center, Nessus or other vulnerability scan tools
- DoD network infrastructure knowledge is a plus
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing and Switching (CCNA Routing and Switching)
Candidates must be US citizens able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense Secret security clearance as a condition of employment
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.