IA - Information Security Analyst
Apex Systems is hiring an Information Security Analyst to support our large DOD client here in the Doral, FL area ! All candidates must have a TS/SCI Security Clearance and CompTIA Security+ certification! If interested in the role, please send resume to Cameron at [email protected]
Please take this opportunity to join one of clients fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting-edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team. You will be part of a dynamic team that is delivering a business-driven Enterprise Network to support BICES Global Enterprise Mission Support Services increasing performance, security, scalability, and stability while reducing costs and complexity resulting in increased supportability.
- Performs Cybersecurity activities (formally known as IA - Information Assurance) for a large Program; coordinates with government Program staff, USAF, and other government agencies to assist in the creation, dissemination, direction, and auditing of program policy, standards, and operating procedures
- Utilize available resources to conduct Cybersecurity activities, and report to senior leadership and government personnel on overall program security posture
- Conduct network and system audits for vulnerabilities using Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), DISA SCAP, ACAS vulnerability scanner, ESS Policy Auditor to mitigate those findings for Linux, Windows, Cisco, Juniper, VMWare and other associated operating systems
- Ability to create, track and review Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) and conduct solution identification to assist in problem remediation and resolution
- Communicate tactical and strategic threat information to Government leaders, Cybersecurity-Ops and A&A (formerly C&A) Staff to assist them in making cyber risk decisions and to mitigate threats
- Carries out DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) in accordance with DoD 8510 to ascertain information systems security posture by utilizing security control validation activities and coordinating security testing
- Maintain the Security Accreditation status, including system documentation of multiple DoD classified networks and interconnected systems
- Coordinates with AFRL, and USAF, and other organizations in support of audits and inspections and provides all necessary documentation as required for SAVs, ST&Es, and CCRI
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk
- Provides guidance on vulnerability countermeasures or mitigation of non-compliant controls
- Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access and file system to determine compliance
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned
- Participates in special projects as required.
- 5+ years of experience required (8+ years of experience preferred).
- Must possess and maintain a Top-Secret SCI clearance.
- BA/BS degree – may substitute additional years of experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of data security administration principles, methods, and techniques
- Must meet DOD 8570.01M requirements for IAT Level II (e.g. CASP CE, etc.)
- MUST HAVE eMASS/RMF experience with an understanding of DOD RMF (800-53 Rev 4 and Rev 5)
- Requires understanding of DoD policies and procedures, including FIPS 199, FIPS 200, NIST 800-53 and other applicable policies.
- The ability to work and set priorities on multiple projects/tasks at once and operate in a dynamic, fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Depending on job assignment, additional specific certifications may be required
- The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, or equipment.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.