Research Associate II
Research Associate II
Large, international medical diagnostics and pharmaceutical company is expanding their team! Expand your skills and career with our team of professionals. This role will be working onsite at our state-of-the-art facility with mountain views and many amenities. It will start as soon as a qualified candidate is identified - so apply today!
-Responsible for conducting research, development and manufacturing laboratory experimentation and other scientific activities to support company projects.
-Exercises technical expertise and discretion in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project strategies. Prepares technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses. Presents and discusses results of experiments within department and project team.
-Maintains high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature and may participate in conferences and professional societies. Follows company policies and procedures for GMP, GLP, Design Control and others as appropriate.
-Maintains complete and accurate laboratory documentation and electronic files. May act as principal investigator in conducting own experiments.
• Designs experimental protocols with minimal supervision.
• Executes bench experiments; makes detailed and general observations and analyzes data.
• Prepares technical reports, summaries and quantitative analyses.
• Maintains complete and accurate records.
• Normally receives general directions on routine work and detailed directions on new assignments.
• Makes suggestions to improve work processes and laboratory environment.
• Assists in identifying and reducing to practice patentable inventions.
• Works on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• May participate in cross functional technical teams such as a failure investigation team.
• Works well in a team environment by being a productive project team member, suggesting creative solutions to problems and providing input to project planning.
• Trains others in areas of expertise.
• Troubleshoots problems and institutes corrective action.
• Prepares and presents experimental procedures and results in group and project teams.
• Monitors work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
Education Level: Bachelors Degree in Science - REQUIRED
Years of Experience: 2 years relevant job experience - REQUIRED
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knows basic and a range of specialized laboratory techniques (chemistry, biochemistry, immunology, molecular biology, and other related areas)
• Capable with searching scientific literature to gain information about specific topics
• Skilled with use of word processing, spreadsheets, graphical and presentation software applications
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.