Job Description:Apex is seeking a Mechanical Engineer for a client outside of Tampa, FL
-5-6 m. estimated contract
• Bachelor’s degree required in Mechanical Engineering
• 10+ years of diverse mechanical design engineering experience required.
• Experience working defense projects is preferred.
• Must have expert level solidworks 3D CAD and 2D drawing experience. Must have used Solidworks regularly within the last year and must be proficient.
• Must have extensive, diverse design experience with large assemblies, machine design, electro-mechanical mechanism design, electrical packaging design and be very proficient designing sheet metal, machined and weldment parts, assemblies and installations.
• Must have experience with detailed mechanical mechanism design including specifying bearings, gears, pullies, press fits, tolerancing, motors, couplings, and fasteners
• Design for Manufacturing best practices including material selection, production processes, quality control, material costs and techniques for maximizing the manufacture and distribution of goods.
• High degree of mechanical aptitude with ability to understand complex machinery both from a theoretical and practical standpoint
Please send resumes to Maggie Goetz at [email protected]
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.