Sr packaging Engineer
The person will work with the Packaging Program Manager to help design and build primary, secondary and tertiary packaging. This is a hands-on role, and the ideal candidate will have a bias toward early directional experimentation. They will have excellent communication skills, and be comfortable representing the voice of packaging in collaboration sessions with other internal engineering functions and with external supplier engineering teams.
- Create detailed specifications for Starbucks packaging
- Use engineering principles to lead development of packaging projects through proof of concept, functional development, qualification, and commercialization phases.
- Problem solve, build, test, and learn
- Co-create and work alongside cross functional peers including Project Managers, Sourcing, Product, Quality, and NPI to ensure solutions and projects meet business needs
- Work with packaging suppliers on development of concepts and demonstrate compliance with performance requirements
- Create evaluation plans and work with engineering technicians and third-party laboratories to complete and document evaluation
- Clearly and thoroughly document test results and findings and complete stage gate reviews as required
- BS or higher degree in an engineering field – Packaging, Mechanical, Chemical, or Process Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience in a technical role, preferably with product development or packaging experience
- A strong bias for action, testing, and learning who operates well in a fast-paced environment.
- An abundance of curiosity to learn from our store partners, customers, and internal stakeholders.
- Experience developing test procedures.
- Outstanding ability to communicate ideas and concepts in multiple ways – such as visually, physically, verbally, or in writing to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.