Sr. Systems Engineer Advisor
- Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
- Download, stage and deploy systems-related security policies and updates to maintain information system compliance with DISA security policies and procedures (STIGs, IAVAs, etc.)
- Creates and maintains detailed system documentation.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
- Provides advice and training to end-users.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
- Maintains current knowledge of rapidly changing technology, always on the lookout for new technologies, and works with management to evolve current processes.
- Develop scripts (PowerShell, VBScript, etc.) to perform recurring systems administration tasks, automate installs, gather metrics, etc.
- Deploy Operating System and third-party updates via Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Participates in special projects as assigned.
- Produce monthly network statistics to meet SLAs.
- Maintain and update DHCP scopes and options.
- This position may require early evening system maintenance and occasional on-call after hours.
- Maintain the Certificate Authority hierarchy and produce valid certificates on demand.
- Administer Active Directory: users, groups, objects, forests/trees/domains/child domains, DNS, Group Policy/AGPM, ADFS, AD LDS, etc. per company policies
- 8+ years of experience is required.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Must possess and maintain a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
- Experience Windows infrastructure services (DHCP, DNS. Authentication, Active Directory, and connectivity troubleshooting) required.
- Understanding of Agile, ITIL, DevOps practices.
- Experience with infrastructure including but not limited to: data center operations, server hardware, operating systems (Windows, Linux), web servers, databases, virtualization (VMware), networking, storage, monitoring, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- May be required to work evening, weekend, and holiday hours as required.
- Must meet DoD 8570 requirements and be eligible for IAT level II access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges.
- Depending on job assignment, additional specific certifications may be required.
- Mastery of the PowerShell scripting language.
- MCSE, MCSA, MCITP: EA
- Experience working with SolarWinds: building reports, maps, views, and applying updates.
- Familiar with Windows Active Directory and network integration. Experience with Proxy/Reverse Proxy services for web services (ex. F5 BIG-IP).
- Experience or Familiar with Identity Provider (IdP) Federation services with protocols like SAML, OIDC (ex. ADFS).
- Experience with Secure Email Gateways (SEG) and deployments with Microsoft Exchange. (ex. Helpsystems Clearswift).
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.