Job Description:QUALIFICATION NOTES: Req #?
- Kevin Johnson (Marketing Manager)
- Sidra Khan (Product Management Advisor)
- About a year ago FedEx as a company they are moving toward One FedEx. Currently they operate a bunch of different companies (Airline, Trucking, etc…). Starting in Fiscal Year 2025 they are getting rid of all operating companies and will only have One FedEx.
- This Team is focused on what that means on their US to Canada to lane.
- Looking at products/portfolio for all shipping activities between the US and Canada. That means they have to look at their network differently.
- Example: Express Shipping to Canada goes to their Air Company right now. In the new world you say I want it there in 2 or 3 days and they will assess logistics to ensure it gets there in the guaranteed timeframe with the lowest cost.
- Biggest issues they are facing is their Engineering Teams are coming from a Trucking or Air world. Bringing them together to think abut things differently is going to be difficult. Since this is an International Package you also have to clear customs which is different by air versus ground.
- Working to bring all these Teams together and changing the way they have worked/thought in the last 40 years.
- Huge Change Management component to this work.
- They will also have some customers using legacy products and migrate them to a new portfolio of products that will need to be used. Major Customer facing piece.
- Two Workstreams they are hiring for:
- 1). Network and Clearance
- 2). Commercial Support/Customer Experience
- They don’t have a formal PMO structure right now at FedEx. Most of their project work is around IT/Software Development.
- Start Date: ASAP, but knowing last 2 weeks of the calendar year are very slow. If a hire can’t go in the door by December 15th would have to be pushed to next year.
- Resume Review: Tuesday (11/21) afternoon
- Bill Rate: $80-100 an hour
- Onsite Expectations: 3 Days a Week @ World Tech Center Campus in Collerville
- Duration: Contract until end of May 31st (end of fiscal year), would have to get budget approval for next Fiscal Year.
Candidate Profile: Project Manager x 2
- Managing cross functional Teams is very important for this role.
- Each Workstream has roughly 100 stakeholders so it is a massive effort on getting alignment and doing the stakeholder engagement.
- Their IT Organization currently uses SAFe/Agile for a lot of their Software Development. Open on project management methodology for the work these hires will be doing.
- Change Management background would stand out. They have partnered with Prosci before, but experience with large change management initiatives is going to be key here.
- Not looking for a Change Manager, but a Project Manager that has worked around change management and process management.
- Buzzwords: Transformation, Change Management, Process Management, Project Management.
- Domain/Environment Size: Ideal candidate will be in Memphis. Domain knowledge in Supply Chain/Logistics/Ecommerce/Shipping. Come from more of a complex environment. Commercial PM role could come from more of a general Marketing role (Customer Acquisition, Customer Growth, Marketing Experience, Customer Technology).
- Certifications: PMP or other PMI certifications would really stand out.
- Education: Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Years of Experience: Network & Clearance role (10+ years of PM experience) Commercial role (5+ years of PM experience). Former background in Process Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics, Ecommerce related type roles would really stand out.
- Tactical Aspects of this Job: They have a Data Analytics Team they can lean on for help, but understanding data analysis will stand out here. Currently they are using MS Word and Excel for a lot of their project tracking. Use TEAMS a lot for communication. Any exposure to Teradata/SQL may stand out as that is what FedEx uses on the backend.
JOB DESCRIPTION/ACCOUNT MANAGER NOTES:
- Its technically a non-IT PM role. But they want someone with experience analyzing data and SQL/queries. They work with the international product management/parcel management
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.