Incident Management Manager
Apex Systems is seeking an Incident Management Manger in Austin, TX
** W2 Candidates Only / Job ID #2004721 **
If applicable, please send your resume to [email protected]
Client: State Agency
Role: Incident Management Manager II (Process Improvement)
Duration: 12-Month Contract
Hybrid Schedule: 2 days onsite, 3 days remote, 78744
Our client is seeking a Process Improvement Manager to oversee the Incident Management Process.
Description of Services
- Coordinate incident management process improvements and adherence with variety of internal and external vendor-provided and internal service delivery teams including a vendor-provided service desk function and internal Major Incident Management team.
- Ensure appropriate responses to incident management through metric analysis and quality checks. Ensure appropriate governance across all IT teams is in place.
- Keep Incident Management policies and processes updated and continually improved. Adjusting the incident management process as required to ensure its effectiveness.
- Collaborating with the teams responsible for addressing incident management tickets to ensure that all protocols are diligently followed.
- Communicating with upper management if major issues are found in the IT system.
- Produce dashboards and reports to ensure trend reporting analysis information can be performed and plans to reduce the number of incidents being reported through the Incident Management process.
- Identify, create, and participate in the implementation of customer-focused, quality IT process improvements, enabling tools, and systems that deliver tangible value.
- Analyze processes, data, and systems – identify improvement opportunities and make recommendations based on results of analysis.
- Gather and document business requirements from all impacted stakeholders.
- Partner with our clients IT staff from all areas to co-create processes that work for the overall organization (all other service management functions).
- Use superior listening skills and effective problem-solving to identify options and ultimately recommendations where compromise and acceptance of minimally viable product is achieved.
- Partner to identify critical to quality metrics and support the operationalization of monitoring and management to deliver improved performance.
- Successfully deploy and support organizational change management (i.e. training, communication, knowledge transfer, stakeholder engagement, change management, etc.) for Incident Management
- Experience as Incident Manager or Major Incident Manager in a complex IT organization.
- Experience with IT Service Management, ITIL practices
- Experience working with vendor partners and internal service teams and/or Quality Assurance efforts
- Experience working in an IT organization that has internal and external providers with shared Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- Experience with application of quality engineering, lean/six sigma and/or process improvement principles
- Experience entering a project that is already in progress and demonstrating ability to effectively assume responsibilities quickly.
- Experience delivering process re-design and/or best practice implementation, using approaches such as Lean and Six Sigma to achieve results.
- Experience leading problem-solving with cross-functional teams to deliver improvements.
- Experience mobilizing and leading people in cross functional teams, with excellent interpersonal and organization/management skills and an ability to motivate teams to accomplish shared goals under timelines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated use of data to drive decisions, yet comfortable with ambiguity and able to balance a bias for action with an understanding of appropriate risk.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.