Apex Systems is actively hiring a Tax Accountant in Overland Park, Kansas
If interested in immediate consideration, please email your resume to Madelyn at [email protected]
At Jack Henry, we deliver technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the start as we lay the groundwork for the future of digital banking and payments. We hope you’ll join us. We can’t do it without you.
We are currently seeking an experienced innovative professional to join our tax department. As a Tax Accountant, you will be responsible for preparing and completing tax returns and reports focused on federal, state, local, property, and other tax liabilities. You will also assist with preparation of tax provision and tax audits, research tax laws and methods, and work special projects. The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with an understanding of tax-related practice and procedure. If you are interested in joining the team that prioritizes a balanced lifestyle while driving value for our organization, please apply!
This position will be filled to work in a hybrid capacity and will require you to come to one of the following Jack Henry office locations up to 2 days a week: Lenexa, KS, Springfield, MO, or Monett, MO.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Prepare Corporate Income Taxes, Franchise Tax, and Property Tax returns. Maintain company tax records, prepares filings for tax refunds, and research inquiries from government agencies regarding filings, compliance, and other claims.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and year-end tax provisions and related accounting entries.
- Research methods and present proposals to lessen tax liability through the use of laws and regulations and recommend actions that meet the business plans while managing the tax liability.
- Maintain current knowledge of all tax laws affecting the company.
- Assist in tax audits.
- Reconcile tax accounts in the general ledger.
- May perform other job duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum of 3 years of large public accounting or 4 years of experience in corporate taxation.
- Corporate tax preparation experience.
- Ability to use independent judgment to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload.
- Ability to travel up to 5% to attend JH meetings, trainings, and/or professional conferences.
What would be nice for you to have:
- Strong knowledge of financial principles, practice, and legislature.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license.
- CORPTAX software experience.
- Experience with data transformation tools: Power BI, Alteryx, etc.
If you got this far, we hope youre feeling excited about this opportunity. Even if you dont feel you meet every single requirement on this posting, we still encourage you to apply. Were eager to meet motivated people who align with Jack Henry’s mission and can contribute to our company in a variety of ways.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.