This Project Manager will drive the rollout of a new GL tool & will be responsible for driving the work and efforts associated with
-requirements gathering from the business/accouting teams,
-offshore development and implementation, and
-reporting to senior leadership and executives.
Ideal candidates will have experience with project framing, discovery, and planning, and will be comfortable with scope, schedule, stakeholder and budget management.
A background leading complex finance implementations and/or exposure to the financial/futures/trading industries will be a major plus. PMP strongly preferred.
If you are interested in this role or any of our Program/Project Management opportunities, please forward your resume to [email protected] & reference Job ID# 2004962.
Own all aspects of a project, from start to finish, so that it is completed on time, within budget and meets the defined success criteria. Be dedicated in problem solving and have the ability to propose workable solutions. Project Manager assignments are dynamic and require a broad range of experience/knowledge in multiple types of project development styles (SDLC) including Waterfall and Agile. Proficiency in all stages of the project lifecycle including developing a project charter, creating the delivery roadmap, scope management, budget & resource management, and the delivery phases through benefits realization.
- Direct large-scale, complex projects that may involve multiple internal and external partners
- Develop the project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related project management artifacts
- Partner with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria
- Validate financial forecasts and provide ongoing reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
- Facilitate all operational checkpoint activities throughout the lifecycle of projects
- Identify, assess and resolve project risks
- Ensure projects adhere to methodology and compliance standards set by the company
- Establish partnership with stakeholders continually influencing, communicating and aligning.
- Define and track project achievements while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall and integrated delivery plan
- Ensure end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit
- Support, share findings, and mentor others within the PMO regarding standards, organizational understanding, and relationship building to promote the successful delivery of projects
- Strong planning, organizational, and leadership skills, including the ability to mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, and execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, including the ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills, including the ability to navigate in a highly matrixed organization effectively
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to guide and influence others
- Focused and versatile teammate who thrives in a dynamic situation, ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability
- Bachelor’s Degree in related fields a plus
- PMP/PMI/Prince2 Certification a plus
- Agile/Scrum Certification a plus
- Organization Change Management Certification a plus
- Lean Certification, Six Sigma Certification a plus
Required Experience :
- 7-10 years Project Management Experience on medium to complex projects across multiple workstreams and/or business areas preferably application development and/or implementation of an accounting/finance solution
- Demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects
- Deep understanding and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools
- Experienced in working with partners/vendors to lead their expectations and engaging them to address project issues
- Proven ability to manage projects in Waterfall, Agile and Hybrid methodologies
- Organizational Change Management mindset and experience building stakeholder and communication plans
- Microsoft Dynamics (D365) implementation and/or deployment experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from a credited institution in Business, Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related degree
- PMP Certification
- SCRUM Certification
CONTACT: For immediate consideration, please forward your resume to Erin Waller at [email protected]; (513) 657-7100
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.