Workforce Planning Analyst
Workforce Planning Analyst
- Location: Onsite in San Antonio, TX
- Duration: 6-month contract-to-hire
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
As a key member of the Finance Team, you will be directly responsible for employee requisition review, FTE forecasting, reviewing forecasting submissions, and workforce adjustments for forecast and budget cycles. You will be responsible for building and maintaining forecasts and staffing plans to provide our operational business partners with the information they need to achieve service levels, financial goals, and be proactive in assessing staff training and movement to achieve goals.
- Collaborate with the Long Range (financial) Planning team on the budgetary process, including vendor forecasting and planning to ensure short-range and long-range plans are in alignment
- Prepare weekly Position Control reconciliation and budget approval for submitted requisitions
- Provide comprehensive workforce analysis to include FTE/Headcount analysis and Cost per Calendar Day projections for internal and contract workforce.
- Ensure weekly workforce roster data, position requisitions and workforce budget is in line with expected outcomes inside the position control tool.
- Ensure monthly workforce data is managed to appropriate allocations
- Work with team to assure that the proper alignment in maintained in GL mapping and allocation tables
- Prepare and submit various workforce-planning reports for forecast/budget/actuals submissions to Optum as part of normal processes.
- Prepare workforce reports and data sets to assist the Finance team with forecast adjustments and annual budget cycles to include position counts and salary impacts.
- Must have a strong sense of discretion as this role will have visibility to confidential salary information.
- Strong research and analysis skills to include a high level of detail and the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Assist in the development of intermittent forecasts and annual budget.
- Assist with the alignment of recruitment activity to company initiatives
- Process improvement related to Position Control management data solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field from an accredited college/university
- Data Management Experience
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel to includes external sources, data slicers, pivot tables, v-lookups, concatenate, and other advanced/expert formula experience
- Advanced experience with Tableau
- Strong communication focus on customer service
- Ability to work in a high pace environment with tight deadlines
- Skilled in multi-tasking and prioritizing workloads
- Content with repetitive monthly financial reporting responsibility
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – the ability to understand and interpret complex data easily to leadership
- PeopleSoft and SmartView/Essbase experience strongly preferred
- Prior Workforce Planning experience strongly preferred
- Experience with workforce planning metrics
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.