ColdFusion Admin Developer
Job Description:Location: Hybrid in San Antonio, Texas
Client Industry: Utilities
Job Type: 6 month contract with potential extensions
Schedule: M-F standard 8-hour work days/40-hour work weeks
The ColdFusion (CF) Administrator/Developer is highly skilled and experienced in CF Web development, systems administration, installation, configuration and maintaining existing ColdFusion applications. The CF Administrator/Developer will possess knowledge, best practices, and technical expertise in ColdFusion standards and technologies to support and manage components, system designs, installation, server monitoring, configurations, deployments, performance management, application integration, and apply hotfixes/patches. The ideal candidate should be able of working independently to determine client requirements, perform technical design, coding, testing, implementation, and support of all existing CF web applications and servers.
- A minimum of Five (5) years of experience using ColdFusion 11 or newer
- A minimum of Five (5) years of experience in the last seven (7) years as a systems administrator installing, configuring, and maintaining current ColdFusion Servers
- Ability to develop and architect new web applications and databases from the ground up as well as able to maintain existing ColdFusion Applications, and systems
- Maintain and build minor enhancements on existing ColdFusion applications
- Apply required updates and security patches as mandated for the application software and security recommendations
- Test all ColdFusion hotfixes/security updates to the existing sites/applications and gain appropriate approval to promote any changes in production environment.
- Performs other IT systems engineering activities such as requirements, design, installation, operation, sustainment, and support.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Work is reviewed by supervisor/lead to measure meeting objectives.
- 5+ years of ColdFusion Web Development and Application Support experience
- 5+ years extensive experience programming with relational databases, using Oracle, SQL Server or other relational databases
- Top-notch troubleshooting skills and a diagnostic intuition to solve challenging problems
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.