Industrial Maintenance Engineer
Apex Systems, one of the largest IT Staffing and Consulting firm in the nation, is searching for qualified candidates for a Multicraft Maintenance Engineer role with one of our top clients based in La Vergne, TN.
If you are interested in learning more about this position please send an up-to-date resume to Apex Systems Recruiter, Jake Keller, at [email protected] and reference Job # 2005088.
Job Title: Indsutrial Maintenance Engineer
Duration: Full time
Under the direction of the Department Supervisor, safely maintain, install, and fabricate production equipment to fulfill customer requirements. Position will require individual to work 12-hours shift as well as overtime requirements. Preference will be given to individuals with industrial experience. Will be accountable in the areas of safety, housekeeping (5S), quality (IMS), people, customer, costs, environmental (EMS), and productivity. Overtime possible.
Essential Duties AND Responsibilities
• Work in alignment with plant mission statement.
• Practices Bridgestone Core Values in daily interactions with others.
• Work safely and identify safety issues. Responsible for his/her own safety and has significant responsibility for the safety of others through identifying unsafe conditions.
• Leadership – Is capable of working without direct supervision
• Reports and Reporting - Must demonstrate a working knowledge of production reports and departmental work instructions and ISO Documentation.
• Materials or Products - Care and attention is necessary to insure rubber products are produced according to specifications.
• Care of equipment - Care should be taken when starting, operating or stopping equipment to prevent damage to equipment.
• Have a working knowledge of and follow the Quality Policy, Standard Operating Procedures.
• Bridgestone Licensed Forklift Operator.
• Maintain equipment for industrial production, industrial processing, pipeline distribution systems, conveyors.
• Experience with motors, pumps.
• Install machinery
• Make minor adjustments to equipment and machinery
• Take apart equipment to make repairs
• Replace worn and broken parts
• Perform preventive maintenance
• Inspect parts for damage
• Reassemble equipment
• Test and observe running machinery
• Use soldering irons, hoists and lifts, grinders, hand tools, power tools, welding equipment, testing equipment.
• Test fixed machinery
• Clean and lubricate parts
• Read and use blueprints, schematics, manuals, technical drawings, work orders, test results, machine error messages.
• Record all work activities
• Use database software.
• Comply with safety regulations
• Work with a maintenance team
• May be exposed to loud noise (92 dBA), chemicals and moving machinery when on production floor.
• Heavy physical effort is required to maneuver through plant that includes climbing stairs / ladders, working in tight space. Considerable amount of standing and walking is necessary.
• Maximum lifting of 50lbs is required. However, Teammate will need to be able to handle heavy parts with a lift assist or team lift. Lifting requirements range from a height of 6 inches to a possible height of 5 feet.
• Teammate will need to use lift assist device / team lift for heavier material (max 130lbs) occasionally. Teammate will need to be able to manipulate material weighing up 130lbs occasionally.
• Teammate will need to be able to use various hand tools.
• Non-Routine Task: Assisting other departments with fallen rubber material, to include bending, pulling, cutting and/or lifting material up to 50 lbs. and/or manipulate material up to 130 lbs. roll on its side to roll towards a lift assist or onto a pallet.
• May work “over-their-scheduled-time” as well as weekends as necessary to ensure continuity of operations. Might be asked to work extended hours if business dictates such demands.
• Candidate must be willing to work any shift and flexible to change based on plant needs.
A considerable degree of mental and visual effort is required to provide resource assistance to manufacturing. Must pay special attention to details and be able to work without direct supervision
• Top 3 Skills: troubleshooting industrial equipment from a multi-craft perspective, mechanical repair, and electrical repair.
• What will your interview process look like?: Phone screen, then multiple choice technical assessment sent out via email. If candidate passes that, onsite interview will be scheduled: there will be a 2 step interview (same day) with HR and maintenance staff personnel. Candidates should plan to be onsite for 3 hours for this interview process.
• PPE required: Safety glasses, safety shoes, ear protection, Arc Flash clothing - All provided by Bridgestone except safety shoes.
• Years of experience Required: 3 year industrial maintenance experience/ technical military experience. Or have a 2 year degree and 1 year of industrial maintenance experience.
• Work Hours/Schedule: 12 hour shift 6PM – 6AM (nights) 3 days on 2 days off, example: work Monday & Tuesday off Wednesday & Thursday - work Friday, Saturday & Sunday then Off Monday & Tuesday, Work Wednesday & Thursday then off Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
• Training Schedule/Hours: M-F, 6a-2p
• Education Required: Associates degree in Electronics, General Technology, Robotics, or related field strongly preferred (a candidate can have 3+ years of experience without a degree)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.