- The Application Patching Analyst is a hands on technical position responsible for reviewing and actioning the full stack applications(frontend-backend-databases-servers) vulnerability assessments for risk mitigation .The role involves executing the hands on software upgrade & patching of applications with direct interaction with full stack software developers, system administrators, product management team and end user stakeholders as needed.
- Perform oversight of the assessment and change processes of critical security releases. --Coordinate with cyber security and business areas to develop mitigation plans for systems or non-critical releases to be tested and implemented based on patch management strategies.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Resolve or escalate issues through upgrade-patching of applications and servers, assisting full stack developers/technical analysts with gap analysis.
- Track and respond to cyber security assessment special reports and mitigation projects.
- Assist in the development and application of a production readiness checklist for new cyber assets and applications.
- Reliability Entity workshops and other related training to stay abreast of changes to regulatory requirements ensuring compliance.
- Coordinate with the support staff and application owners, to evaluate security releases and schedule for implementation or mitigation.
- Utilize automated software tools to evaluate applicable releases and report status.
- Work with SMEs to apply security releases to applicable devices consistent with procedures.
- Condense, as necessary, the list of security releases to be reviewed at each meeting to save evaluation time.
- Escalate to IT Management and leadership on available application security releases to meet implementation deadline or if mitigations need to be extended.
- Application Patch Analyst
- ESQL, SQL and Java experience
- Front End
- Software Developer Experience
Nice To Have
- Continuous Delivery
- Continuous Deployment
- Core Java
- Database Applications
- Jakarta TOMCAT Servlet Engine
- • Knowledge of SQL, SSRS, Powe
- r BI, M365 Suite, AD, Group Policy, Certificate Services, IIS, and Scripting.
- Past or Present Fullstack application development hands on experience with at least one end to end software product or project full deployment project in production.
- Experience working with full stack development (frontend-backend-databases) teams of core developers-analysts and product management teams.
- Experience building and managing full-stack application upgrade and vulnerability management programs
- Ability to brief technical risks and issues to executives and business leaders.
- Technical background in Windows/Unix Operating systems, security technologies, and network architectures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, Excel).
- Coordinating Project Activities.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or other related fields from an accredited university.
- Possession of industry certifications in Fullstack development or cyber security will be a plus.
- Excellent customer service, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to diverse audiences.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.