Applications Manager - JD Edwards
The IT Application Manager’s overall responsibility is to oversee and streamline operations support for the clients Oracle JD Edwards installation, manage delivery efforts for new functionality, and ensure ongoing alignment with their objectives.
The IT Applications Manager will plan, coordinate, direct, and design all operational activities of the JDE maintenance and support team, including Business Analysts, Developers and CNC Administrators .Provide direction and support for new projects within or impacting JD Edwards.
The Application Manager must wear several hats including Solution Architect, Project Manager, Application Development Lead, and JD Edwards Specialist. The Application Manager is a hands-on line management position.
- Work with IT Director to create strategic application architecture roadmap for delivering enterprise and non-enterprise applications to business end users across service lines, leveraging investments in technology.
- Strategically design and implement solutions based on JD Edwards, including integration with trading partners and internal systems. This includes selecting, blueprinting, gathering requirements, designing, and rolling out solutions to end users.
- Coordinate and work with technical staff to develop coding standards and quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Leading team of IT specialists including business analysts, developers, and CNC administrator, Providing mentorship and technical guidance and support..
- Ensure high levels of ERP availability through support functions and in-depth testing.
- Contribute to the Application Group and company IT Team by accomplishing individual tasks, collaborating with team members, and producing timely results.
- Manage all aspects of change management to support changes to key systems, processes.
- Coordinates preventative maintenance activities between vendors, IT and the business, including the installation of service packs, patches, and hot fixes.
- Manage performance and capacity of application systems and ensure SLAs are met.
Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- Five years minimum direct experience with JD Edwards 9.2, including both operations management and development.
- Minimum 3 years management and supervisory experience required.
- Deep functional and technical knowledge of the JD Edwards Suite (GL, AR, AP, PO, FA, INV, Manufacturing, etc.).
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements and build JD Edwards application based solutions according to specifications.
- Manufacturing and or Pharma Industry experience a plus.
Salary will range based on candidates experience and qualifications but will range from $110,000-$120,000/year plus potential for bonus
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.