Environmental Compliance Manager
Environmental Compliance Manager
Opportunity: The environmental compliance manager performs skilled specialized duties in the collection, coordination of compliance and process sampling and analysis and in compliance reporting. This includes performing a variety of tasks necessary to produce a quality product in the planning, organizing, and monitoring of activities that could impact water quality and the environment. In addition to competitive wages and an excellent benefits package, you will have the opportunity to join an outstanding and incredibly talented team committed to the values of internal and external exceptional service. We support the growth and development of our employees. We are looking for individuals that are creative, motivated, and dedicated.
- Supervises environmental resources staff responsible for monitoring and compliance sampling.
- Works with other Departments on internal compliance and environmental quality issues; provide technical assistance to other Departments to facilitate understanding of environmental regulations.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining various work management data; prepares activity reports and audits work activities to ensure compliance with planned programs. Compiles data to complete monthly, quarterly and annual self-monitoring reports for the APP/AZPDES, Wastewater Reuse Permits and Air Quality reports.
- Coordinates and monitors all compliance sampling.
- Compiles routine reports and conducts quality assurance/quality control reviews of reports related to environmental issues; develops and updates regulatory reporting forms as requirements change; assists with completing all annual reports.
- Communicates with regulatory agencies, such as Maricopa County Environmental Services Department, Arizona Department of Environmental Quality, Pima County Environmental Quality and Arizona Department of Water Resources as necessary to provide compliance reports. Prepares and provides information and data related to treatment test results.
- Maintains detailed databases of all compliance water quality analyses.
- Manages the Company’s Cross Connection Control program.
- Trains operations staff on new rules and regulations as needed. Stays current with changes in environmental regulations and informs/educates operating personnel of changes.
- Participates in compliance audits of field systems.
- Assists with the environmental programs which include water quality, air quality, groundwater monitoring, etc., groundwater remediation, water quality master planning.
- Assists operations in maintaining compliance with Federal, State and Local environmental regulations; prepares compliance reports for Federal, State and Local agencies.
- Promotes water quality and environmental awareness throughout the organization and to the general public.
- Represents the company as a stakeholder and other industry related meetings; reports the highlights of these meetings to management
- Assists with the preparation and submittal of environmental permit applications as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles of management, administration, leadership, supervision, and training.
- Strength in both followership and leadership; team and individual work.
- Strong command of MS Office applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, Word, Access)
- Strong verbal/written communication skills (including group presentation and status reporting)
- Outstanding organizational, coordination, and planning skills
- Safe Drinking Water Act
- Clean Water Act
- AAC Chapter 18
- Federal, State and Local water quality standards and environmental regulations
- Federal and State water and sewer regulations and requirements
- Laboratory Methods
- Microsoft Windows Office products
- Operations and regulatory compliance reporting of water or wastewater treatment systems, distribution and collections systems
Education or Experience: A Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, or Chemistry or closely related field or any combination of experience and training equivalent to four or more years of professional level experience in the field of water resources, water quality, regulatory compliance or environmental quality.
Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including drafting technical reports and memos and public speaking and presentations.
Social Skills: Must act in a respectful, knowledgeable, and professional manner. Work requires regular interaction involving exchange and receipt of complex information; adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions; trying to reconcile differences; actively looking for ways to help people and the company be successful. Will interact with employees at all levels and represent us externally.
Core Values: Applicant must understand, identify with, and adhere to our Core Values:
- Happy Employees, Customers, and Shareholders
- Enjoy and Contribute to the Journey
- Communicate and Educate
- Think and Act like an Owner
- Seek improved Results through innovation and standardization
- Growth Mindset
General: Must have satisfactory outcome of drug testing, criminal record checks, motor vehicle record, and employment records prior to starting employment.
Licenses: Must have a valid Arizona driver’s license.
Apply today for immediate consideration to [email protected]
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.