As a VTC Coordinator you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on these skillsets to ensure flawless planning and execution of all VTC related activities.
The VTC Coordinator/IT Specialist serves as the lead VTC planner and will assist in supporting the installation, operation and maintenance of multiple VTC systems, Help Desk functions in support of the Department of Defense (DOD) and Other Government Agencies (OGA) customers.
- Applicants must have customer service skills, which include the ability to meet goals in a timely manner, action-oriented, take ownership, manage their time wisely, and work effectively both independently and in a team environment. Strong communication (written and oral) and listening skills must complement product knowledge and enable the applicant to provide clear instruction and assistance in person, over the phone or via email. Professional behavior and characteristics are critical and required. The VTC Coordinator/IT Specialist will work with DOD and OGA coordinators and users with varying technical backgrounds in a complex work environment.
- The Applicant will be expected to be flexible while working in a very dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- As the VTC Coordinator, applicants must have working levels of experience working with VTC End Points, VTC configuration management tools, have an understanding of CISCO Telepresence and Tandberg hardware, integrate AV systems (AMX/Crestron) and capable of bridging VTC’s using a network bridge such as the Cisco Codian. In addition, the applicant will coordinate, schedule and facilitate VTC requests including making conference room reservations. Track and document usage trends, coordinate with vendors for regular maintenance, hardware and firmware upgrades, and maintain VTC network configurations. They will serve as the focal point for immediate VTC troubleshooting, VTC network health, and on/off site training. Finally, the VTC Coordinator will conduct VTC product research and development, test connectivity and interoperability between networks and equipment and ensure the VTC equipment is on the forefront of VTC technology.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
- 2+ years of related experience
Required Technical Skills:
- 2 years of experience working with CISCO Telepresence or TANDBERG VTC Endpoints, Bridges and Software.
- 2 years of experience working with Microsoft Products
Security Clearance Level:
- Secret required to start must be able to obtain TS/SCI
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to effectively conduct and interpret tests, and troubleshoot solutions of highly complex operational problems
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems or inadequacies of systems operations
- Strong business communication skills with strong verbal communications to interface effectively
- Cisco Telepresence formal training or certificate is a plus
- Tandberg formal training or certificate is a plus
- Foundational knowledge in Networking
- Microsoft Office / Outlook
- Military background is preferred
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.