Network Technician (Project Based)
Location - Santa Clara and Hayward, CA
- We are looking for a Network Technician to join our growing team within infrastructure operations.
- The positions responsibilities include capacity scaling support of several data center locations and day to day assistance with capacity management.
- You will work closely with internal customers and external vendors to facilitate smooth project execution as directed by Network Scaling Leadership and Technical Program Managers.
- You will leverage your experience supporting large scale, enterprise class networks as well as network implementation and troubleshooting.
- As a Network Technician, you will work in a fast paced, collaborative environment with regular peer and customer interaction.
- In addition to providing management and support vast network infrastructure, Network Technicians establish and follow best practices and refine operational procedures.
Key job responsibilities
- Understand port mappings and device locations
- Engage with cabling vendors regularly to ensure smooth cabling work
- Build out first level router-aggregates, build the console network for new rooms, and support network scaling projects
- Any physical requirements are expectations with reasonable accommodations
- Manage work and priorities through ticketing system and workflows to complete customer requests and projects
- Collaboration with various stake holders to remove project obstacles
- Troubleshoot networking, routing and inter connectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction
- Troubleshooting cabling infrastructure connectivity issues, including patch panels and patch cords.
- Specifying Power and Cooling requirements and ensuring Hardware Racking/Stacking completed for new equipment
- Participate in the migration, basic configuration and rollout of new or upgraded hardware
- Moving and lifting computer equipment up to 50 lbs
- Cable vendor management
- Switch configuration
- Port mapping for mid scale to large scale
- Project management for network scales
Years of experience:
- At least one to two years working in data centers
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.