Data Center Technician I
Apex Systems is looking to hire a Data Center Technician for one of our clients, if you are interested in applying please send your resume to [email protected]
Location: Hermiston, OR
This position involves hardware and network diagnostics followed by physical repair, and maybe include participation in on-call rotations. All candidates should be willing to work independently and with a team. Work prioritization, organizational skills, effective communication, and the ability to react quickly are critical to being successful.
In additional to hardware and network repair, candidates will install equipment, create documentation, innovate solutions, and fix problems within the Data Center space. Data Center Operations teams operate in a 24/7 environment ensuring no critical downtime for customers.
On an Ordinary Day:
- Arrive to data center, tech gets their tickets ready for the day for the first hour, then spends the duration of the day working in the data hall making repairs.
- Break fix work/Swapping hardware components
- Troubleshooting connections
- Email and personnel requests for technical support
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution
- Schedule maintenance
- Responding to customer outages and capacity issues
Interaction with team:
- Not too much interaction with manager unless there is an issue
- Most communication is done with the leads on each worksite
- With other technicians - communicate in the office/in-person, through chime, slack or through ticket correspondence
- Hands-on/technical experience (e.g. mechanic, automotive mechanic, electronics technician, people who have to troubleshoot small mechanics). Geek Squad or Microcenter experience
- Must be able to lift 40 pound or more frequently throughout day
- A+ Certification
- Computer Science degree preferred, not required
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.