Field Technicians (Lewisville) (SOW)
We are seeking mid level technicians or recent graduates to support a robotics company who revolutionized a micro-fulfillment and Automated Storage and Retrieval System (ASRS) and Automated Each-Picking System for e-Grocery.
Pay: $30/hour (Overtime Available)
- Must have ability to work 2nd OR 3rd shift.
Dont doubt your skills! This position will provide training but will expected a degree of knowledge in mechanical or electrical troubleshooting. If you have any electrical and/or mechanical troubleshooting on equipment or products, please apply to learn more!
Walmart Advanced Systems & Robotics, formerly known as Alert Innovation, is now an integral part of the global Walmart organization. This fast-growing team of engineering and technology experts specialize in developing cutting-edge solutions for Walmart. Today, our focus is on rapidly scaling advanced automation technologies and systems that improve retail operations and customer experiences.
The Robotics Technician or Engineer will have the ability to manage all operational issues with System Software, Bots, Structure, Stations, and will prioritize daily activities at customer site.
Work with support team to proactively identify issues impacting operations and address them during planned downtime window.
- Manage system operations and resolve system issues on day to day basis including electrical, mechanical, software or electromechanical issues.
- Deploy robotic systems in warehouse and perform routine or preventative repair
- Maintain and troubleshoot all robotic and structure issues causing operational interruptions on the floor.
- Manage system testing and resolve system issues on day to day basis including mechanical or electrical testing.
- Collect information on any system issue identified on daily basis and provide feedback to support team.
- Perform any engineering recommended upgrade or rework.
- Complete quality checklist and send it to the appropriate Alert Lead.
- Maintain all electro-mechanical tools, and spare parts in good condition at all-times.
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each. Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head. Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 50 pounds.
- HS diploma and 2-10 years of experience
- Associate Degree and 1-10 years of experience in the robotics, mechanical or electrical field.
- BS Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial) and 0-1 years of experience
- Technical skills including familiarity with any of the following: robotics, wiring, soldering, PCB, installations, electrical/electronic troubleshooting, mechanical troubleshooting, mechanical testing, Linux, java, XML, databases and PLC programs
- Automated system and software-based controls
- Electrical or electronic principles or mechanical troubleshooting
- Low voltage technician experience
Desired Skills (not required but candidate will have exposure to these skills in this role):
- Degree with a focus in the Robotics, Mechanical or Electrical field.
- Able to manage, lead, and influence others on the team.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload.
- Self-motivated, customer centric and able to work independently
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.