Pentaho / ETL Developer
Apex Systems is seeking an experienced Pentaho Specialist / ETL Developer for various data platforms in the Financial Services domain.
- Consults with internal business groups to provide appropriate application software development services or technical support.
- Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using standard development methodology.
- Works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications.
- Analyzes information and provides recommendations to address and resolve business issues for a specific business group. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans.
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Takes lead for establishing, implementing and monitoring best practices for technical development methodologies and tools.
- Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions.
- Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelors degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience in software development with focus on Data Warehouse/ETL Development
- 7+ years of ETL Development along with minimum of 3 current years with Pentaho ETL Tool
- Preferred experience with Pentaho 9.x
- Experience as a Senior/Lead level developer on Pentaho ETL Projects
- Excellent communication skills, team player.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment, thriving when facing high-pressure or unexpected tasks.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, leadership abilities, interest in continued education.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Experience with related tools such as Apache Hop or Apache Airflow is a plus
- Ability to extend support in helping to develop Java/Spring based systems is a big plus
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.