Windows Active Directory Engineer
Job Description:Summary - Senior Active Directory Engineer - Multi-year Government contract - Hybrid in Radford, VA - Secret Clearance required
Join our team at Apex Systems, where your expertise as a consultant will play a pivotal role in supporting critical Department of Defense (DoD) initiatives. As a consultant for our client, youll engage with complex, challenging projects that directly impact lives. The collaborative environment fosters professional growth and development, offering you the opportunity to work alongside highly skilled co-workers.
Windows Engineer Position Overview:
We are seeking a skilled Windows Engineer to play a key role in the Army Enterprise Private Cloud (AEPC) project. The AEPC project delivers a hyperconverged, multitenant private cloud hosting environment, designed for hosting Army enterprise and tactical applications. Utilizing VMwares full suite (including ESXi, vSAN, NSX, vCloud Foundations, ARIA Automation, Tanzu), this project embodies a Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) approach. Our team provides valuable common and managed services built on this VMware foundation to support hosted Army applications.
Windows Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with engineering teams to develop and maintain the AEPC architecture.
- Develop and deploy Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for the Windows-based services within AEPC, including the provisioning for new hosted applications.
- Manage patching services for Windows hosts.
- Act as a subject matter expert in Windows Administration technology, staying abreast of market trends and capabilities.
- Administer objects in Active Directory and perform management tasks for user accounts and member servers.
- Oversee the daily administration of Windows-based Virtual Machines and AEPC services, ensuring compliance with commercial best practices and government cybersecurity controls.
- Conduct troubleshooting and root cause analysis for Windows-related issues.
- Coordinate and execute major OS version upgrades for virtual machines.
- Provide on-call support for after-hours incident resolution.
- Recommend improvements for security, scalability, manageability, and performance across various network, storage, and compute services.
Windows Engineer Required Skills:
- Security+ or equivalent DoD 8570.01-M IA Tech Level II certification.
- Windows administrator-related computing environment certification (i.e., MCSA, MCSE, or equivalent) required within 6 months of hire.
- Senior-level experience in Windows Server and Active Directory administration.
- Proficiency in automation and Infrastructure as Code (IaC).
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills across technology stacks – network, storage, server, and applications.
- Familiarity with DoD STIGs and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM) is preferred.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.