SR UCS/ VMware Admin
Interested candidates should send an updated resume to [email protected]
Location: Fort Huachuca, AZ
Pay: negotiable dependent upon experience
6 month contract with possible extensions
- Excellent knowledge of VMware to include deployments, migrations, clustering and high availability
- Install, configure and integrate servers associated with a VMware virtual infrastructure
- Performing backups, troubleshooting and problem resolution for servers associated with a VMware virtual infrastructure
- Build highly available server clusters in a vSphere environment
- Build and configuring virtual networks
- Diagnose and tuning of VMware performance
- Design, plan, implement, and administer enterprise blade server and storage technologies in support of underlying virtualization infrastructure
- Good knowledge of SAN architecture, multipathing, iSCSI, FCoe
- Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources
- Develop and implement testing strategies and document results.
- Evaluate vendor products
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members
- NetApp knowledge is desirable
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Create and maintain VM templates used for rapid deployment of virtual machines
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of hardware maintenance, upgrades, repairs, or replacements supporting the virtualization infrastructure
- Provide advice and training to end-users
- Participate in special projects as required
- A combination of 10 or more years of experience with Cisco FlexPod, VMWare (or equivalent virtualization technologies), or Network Attached Storage systems
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience
- The ability to obtain and maintain an active Secret security clearance
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, or SSCP)
- Computing environment certification in VMware (VCP-DCV), Cisco (CCNP-DC), or similar technology within 6 months of hire.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.