DevOps Engineer- Ansible
This is a highly technical and hands-on position requiring the selected candidate to both lead and participate in multiple team environments and to provide independent efforts to all aspects of system integration including design, needs analysis, design review, testing, implementation, and validation. The candidate should be a self-starter and can work independently with little to no supervision.
*Candidate must be a US Citizen with an active Department of Defense TOP SECRET clearance*
• The candidate will have demonstrated knowledge and experience in DevOps & Systems architecture and engineering disciplines. Specific technical knowledge of Automation & Ansible within a Linux Environment a must.
• Recommends optimized solutions to support current and long-range planning and collaborates with project team leads in the selection, recommendation and approvals of tools and technologies to improve efficiencies, reduce costs, and increase customer satisfaction.
• Monitor, analyze, and resolve incidents for infrastructure running in Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services.
• Deploy, configure, and administer systems in Google Cloud and Amazon Web Services.
• Support and troubleshoot Kubernetes clusters and containers.
• Designs requirements-based technical solutions in support of new projects and assists with transition of the solution and design into production.
• Evaluate, Build, Integrate, Test and Prepare systems for operational use and patches for rapid remediation and deployment.
• Install new/rebuild existing systems and configure hardware, peripherals, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Gather and analyze metrics and customer feedback to formulate system requirements.
• Evaluates and recommends future technologies and methodologies that will enhance future capabilities.
• Develop and execute test plans and procedures based upon system security and functional requirements.
• Analyzes, develops, recommends, implements, and supports innovative, cost effective IPS/IDS protection systems.
• Familiar with Unix Scripting language like Ruby, Perl or advanced KSH scripting.
• Operational knowledge of system products like VMware vSphere ESXi, Virtual Center, Elasticsearch, Postgres, Google Cloud, and Amazon Web Services.
• Supports due diligence activities including site surveys, design, design review, bill of materials creation, statement of work creation, vendor negotiation and coordination, proposal generation, and proposal delivery.
• Maintain existing applications by fixing, upgrading, and adding functionality as needed.
• Quickly develop new applications as the need arises. These applications should follow appropriate best practices.
• Assess existing applications for deficiencies such as slow performance and use of deprecated dependencies and come up with a plan for resolving.
• Keep existing applications current with the version of the programming language and releases.
• Perform application testing to ensure that new features work or that fixes have not caused any regressions.
• Mentor teammates by helping them learn new technologies where needed.
• Provide rapid operational support, troubleshooting, and resolution to production equipment.
• Strong understanding of Ansible, how Playbooks are used, syntax, and file structure methodologies using ansible• Multiple years spent within, or current Linux systems engineering experience (Redhat, CentOS, Rocky) and troubleshooting.
• 3+ years of Kubernetes experience to include developing helm charts and deploying applications on Kubernetes.
• 3+ years with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services
• 5+ years with Elasticsearch experience to include indexing, clustering, managing, and troubleshooting.
• 5+ years with automation in Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
• Knowledge and experience should include computer network operations, network access and protection techniques and technologies, security, encryption, and cross domain solutions
• Available 24/7 for Network Outages and Maintenance window work.
• Ability to work with coworkers and customers to troubleshoot technical problems
Active Department of Defense TOP SECRET clearance Needed
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.