eLicensing Help Desk Specialist
Job Description:Apex is hiring for an eLicensing Help Desk Specialist with one of our Clients. If you or anyone you know is interested in the below opening, please apply and send your most up to date resume to Recruiter, Madison Sylvia at [email protected].
The Massachusetts Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) is the largest secretariat in the MA state government, comprised of 16 agencies with over 23,000 employees statewide. EOHHS services directly touch the lives of slightly more than one in four residents in the Commonwealth — some of our most vulnerable citizens, including children, youth, adults, and elders. EOHHS provides access to medical and behavioral health care, substance misuse treatment, long-term services and support, and nutritional and financial benefits to low-income people. We connect elders, individuals with disabilities, and veterans with employment opportunities, housing, and supportive services. We steer troubled youth towards a more successful path and do everything possible to keep children in our child welfare system safe. We support developmentally disabled, mentally ill, blind, deaf, or hard-of-hearing individuals.
Department of Public Health - Bureau of Health Profession Licensure - Customer Support
Candidates for this position must have STRONG CUSTOMER SERVICE, COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS.
The health profession eLicensing Help Desk Specialist will be responsible for assisting external customers (licensees) of the BHPL eLicensing application.
The specialist will:
- guide customers through proper use of the vendor-managed licensing application(s)
- triage, troubleshoot, resolve, and escalate issues as necessary
- create and track help desk tickets
- provide high-level answers to general BHPL licensing process questions
- handle help desk phone calls and respond to email requests
Note: this role is NOT responsible for general hardware or software technical support (e.g. OS, printers, network, phone, mobile, etc).
DETAILED LIST OF JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide level 1 help desk customer support to assist licensees using BHPL eLicensing application to apply for / renew health profession licenses
- Triage incoming issues to determine appropriate actions (immediate resolution, escalation, etc.)
- Utilize internal ticketing system
- Communicate, and enforce system standards as necessary
- Simulate and troubleshoot user problems
- Train other state staff in operation of the Help Desk as needed
- Ensure Help Desk phone is not left unattended
- Stay well informed of all changes in systems and procedures to be able to inform and train Local Program staff on the changes
- Participate in daily team standup
- Perform other duties related to HPL eLicensing helpdesk.
- 3+ years of experience working as a business application customer help desk specialist
- Identify / troubleshoot / escalate / resolve issues
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent Telephone and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Teams and Atlassian JIRA
- Analytical thinking skills
- Strong follow-up skills
- Ability to work effectively both as an individual and as a team member
- Ability to get up to speed quickly
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.