Senior Security Engineer (Architect)
Job Description:Apex Systems has an opening for an IAM-Senior Security Engineer/Architect
This is a 100% remote opportunity but candidates must reside in NC, SC, GA, VA or TN
If you are interested and qualified please send your resume to Donna at [email protected]
The Identity and Access Management (IAM) Sr. Security Engineer - Integrations is an individual contributor position responsible for working with technology teams to architect and successfully integrate with IAM control solutions that are focused on provisioning/deprovisioning automation, access reviews, authentication, identity management, monitoring, and reporting. This person must be a strategic, thought leader and serve as technical expert to design and implement integrations with IAM control solutions. The candidate must oversee the design and development of security solutions that adhere to applicable policies and comply with information security requirements while supporting the IT transformation that is underway. This is a remote work opportunity, and the position is a direct report to the Head of IAM. Some of the primary areas of responsibility include …
- Lead and coordinate work to analyze and translate technical requirements into system architecture, design, and interface specifications.
- Lead work to test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements while helping solve problems concerning IAM control solutions.
- Creating control adoption design patterns that ensure successful integration with IAM Control solutions.
- Collaborate with vendors to design comprehensive and optimize IAM control solutions leveraging automation when feasible.
- Develop working relationship with IT engineering resources to drive solution features and architectures.
- Work with Information Security (IS) and line of business (LOB) leadership to understand requirements, enterprise IT standards and other considerations that influence how IAM control solutions should perform and operate.
- Generate and maintain documentation for IAM control solution architecture, system design and configurations.
- Regularly review existing IAM control solutions to ensure those solutions are optimized for the highest level of service.
- Work with the InfoSec, Risk and compliance teams to interpret policies and standards, ensuring policies and standards are properly followed by IAM control solutions.
- Promote security policies, standards, and best practices across the organization.
- Minimum 5+ years recent experience with architecting and implementing identity and access management tools and solutions.
- Understanding of IAM relevant technical solutions (such as SailPoint, Okta, Privileged Access Management: CyberArk).
- Demonstrated experience with infrastructure technologies including Cloud, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML), and MFA/SSO.
- Ability to think strategically and communicate effectively with technology teams and lines of business of the value and benefit of IAM solutions.
- Possess strong knowledge of industry best practices, technology, and evolving threats to enhance defenses for information systems and resources. Advises management on security protocols and incidents. Mentors and trains to ensure team knowledge and effectiveness.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues and have full understanding of configuration settings along with tuning.
- Strong knowledge and experience with incident/problem management processes
- Possess critical thinking skills.
- Strong functional knowledge of MS Office Suite software products, Jira, and Confluence.
- Strong communications skills, oral and written.
- Ability to collaborate and interact productively with team members and key stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily understood and actionable manner.
- Ability to effectively influence and convince others to make appropriate changes in their priorities and behaviors for the benefit of the organization.
- An understanding of business needs and commitment to delivering high-quality, prompt, and efficient service to the business.
- Preferred security architecture qualifications including SABSA or TOGAF.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Specific experience with NIST, PCI, ISO 27001, COBIT or other information security related framework.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to convey technical information to all groups and individuals concisely and clearly both verbally and in writing to individuals with limited technical experience.
- CISSP, CISM, SANS GSEC, Cloud Security (CCSP, CCSK), or other information security related certification(s).
Job Environment and Physical Demands:
- Remote working and remote options are available.
- Office setting with physical proximity to other employees is also intermittently required.
- Some background noise from other employees and their activities can be expected.
- Must be able to comprehend and carry out verbal and written instructions.
- Job requires a substantial amount of sitting.
- Use hands and fingers to press keys on a computer keyboard to enter or retrieve information.
- Use hands and fingers to press telephone keypad and lift telephone receiver.
- Must be able to comprehend phone calls.
- Must be able to lift 5 pounds.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.