To be successful in this role, the candidate should demonstrate a strong combination of electrical and mechanical skills. The successful candidate can demonstrate experience completing tasks independently with at times minimal direction. Demonstrates effective experience in utilizing a wide range of resources to solve problems and feel comfortable working both alone and with a team. A successful candidate should be able to provide excellent customer service and manage electronic systems and equipment efficiently.
- Assembling, installing, repairing, troubleshooting, and maintaining electrical and electronic components and systems
- Sourcing or fabricating replacement parts for electrical and electronic systems
- Power and signal cable fabrication, including the sourcing of parts when needed.
- Panel layouts and other miscellaneous shop related duties
- Ensuring all power and manual tools are operated in accordance with health and safety regulations.
- Carrying out scheduled preventative maintenance, calibrations, and servicing equipment.
- Performing equipment demonstrations and drawing up training manuals wherever required
- Interpreting drawings, training manuals, and instructions.
- Maintaining and replenishing a common parts inventory
- Attending regular training workshops as required
- Technical Associate/Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Will consider completed coursework in engineering or electronics and/or relevant experience in lieu of formal education.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of basic IT networking and/or fieldbus integration
- Working knowledge of CAD and/or other engineering design software
- Good hand-eye coordination and physical dexterity
- Sound knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Excellent written, verbal, and telephonic communication skills
- Experience with standard MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds, on occasion.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a relevant field
- Technical degree from an accredited institution
- LabView and data acquisition systems
- Test stand configuration
- Specialized system analysis instrumentation
- Electrical schematic generation
- Servo and motion control, variable frequency drives and motors, low-medium voltage systems
For immediate consideration, please email a copy of your resume to Lauren Gornik at [email protected]
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.