Job Description:VMware Administrator
Location: Des Moines, IA (hybrid onsite)
Contract Duration: 2 years
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your resume to our Infrastructure recruiter Hunter at [email protected]
- Responsibilities include configuring, monitoring, and maintaining VMware environments, resolving issues, and ensuring system performance.
- Installs new applications and helps configure them including web servers, OS, and infrastructure components.
- Continuously improve the servers performance by tracking and solving the issues faced by users.
- Performing backups, troubleshooting and problem resolution for servers associated with a VMware virtual infrastructure.
- Build highly available server clusters in a vSphere environment.
- Build and configuring virtual networks.
- Create and maintain VM templates used for rapid deployment of virtual machines.
- Assist with the coordination and implementation of hardware maintenance, upgrades, repairs, or replacements supporting the virtualization infrastructure.
- Administer enterprise VMware-based virtualization infrastructures covering vCenter ESXi environments version 6.0 and later.
- Monitor and troubleshoot system performance within the VMware environment.
- Maintain system documentation.
- Ability to provide call-back support for critical system outages that require on-site touch labor support.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.