Mailroom/Data Capture Clerk
Apex systems is looking to hire a Mailroom/Data Capture Clerk for one of our large government clients. This position is 100% on-site in Menands, NY.
If this is something you are interested in hearing more about, please send an updated copy of your resume to Jordan at [email protected]
Job Title: Mailroom Clerk
Location: Onsite 100%
Pay Rate: $16.00/hour (Apex Systems offers weekly pay)
First Shift Work Schedule: Monday - Friday from 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM with 2x 15 minute breaks (paid) and a 30 minute lunch (unpaid)
A typical workday: This is a team setting; depending on the work area assigned there will be extended periods of either sitting or standing; work is very repetitive in nature. You will provide clerical support for the processing of healthcare related documents. Work consists heavily of document scanning and data capture. Experience with both is highly preferred.
- Under minimal supervision performs data entry of source documents into a computer database. Involves both key from paper and key from image technologies
- Ability to move between multiple document types and different software systems will be required.
- Maintain a total machine time in excess of seven hours
- Consistently maintain an acceptable error rate
- Receive mail cart and/or overnight boxes; stack envelopes, open mail, sort contents, and screen for complete and valid information
- Assemble invoices into specific units; label/identify all receipts with required information including date received, identify receipts to be forwarded to other operational departments or USPS and place in designated location
- Remove invoices failing screening criteria from work flow and prepare reject letters/envelopes with required information for return to the provider
- Prepare acceptable documents for scanning, including placing documents in specific sequence and insertion of patch separator sheets
- Assign batch numbers and prepare batch headers for scanned documents using batch reservation process
- Operate high volume scanning equipment in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Perform various manual tasks related to the enrollment of health care providers in the New York State Medicaid program
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- 1+ years of related experience
- Must possess manual dexterity and be able to operate an alpha/numeric keyboard
- Be self-motivated working independently to meet daily goals
- Must be able to lift items weighing as much as 35 pounds and be able to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Must be proficient with using various MS Windows based pc applications
- Experience with operating high volume scanning equipment and software is desired
- Ability to key data at 10,000 Keystrokes Per Hour, experience in a high volume Data Capture environment is a plus
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.