** If you are interested in the following job opportunity, please reach out to Jordan Rodriguez, Technical Recruiter with Apex Systems, at [email protected] **
LOCATION: San Antonio, TX (Consultant schedule: 5 days On-site
CLIENT TYPE: Construction Engineering
DURATION: 6 months contract (with potential extension)
No PTO; Hours worked is hours paid.
The purpose of the Business Analyst position is to assist in the development of requirements and plans to deliver technology projects. This position works directly with business related departments and Sr. Analyst to gather business requirements related to their service needs and requests. The BA I will also work with a Sr. Project manager to develop short term plans, report status and track progress and deliverables for technical projects, efforts, and initiatives. Responsibilities include documentation of business requirements, translation of business requirements to project plans and deliverables list as well as other tailored business analysis and project management best practices.
Roles and responsibilities would include:
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional math, spreadsheet, and data analytics skills with attention to detail and accuracy
- Working knowledge with MS Suite tools, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Highly responsive to customers and team members and the ability to work with minimal guidance or independently
- Work and maintain agile boards
- Create reports and status updates
- Translating business needs functional requirements documents
- Collaborates and consults with internal client groups to understand business and user needs and document requirements.
- Meets with internal clients to gather and document effective business requirements; maps and analyzes end-to-end business processes as part of overall documentation.
- Works with appropriate technical resources to gather information for technical documentation
- Makes recommendations on new solutions or enhancements based on an assessment of business requirements aligned with overall business and technology strategy.
- Execute test scripts and quality assurance activities and documents results for supported systems.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves issues proactively.
- Communicates and provides updates to applicable business users. Works closely with client groups to effectively align and utilize full system capability to meet business objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Engineering, Mathematics, Business or other relevant fields.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Experience organizing informal projects.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Minimum 2 years of business analysis or relevant experience required.
- Experience with large organizations.
- Understanding of technology and systems.
- Knowledge of business analysis tools and methodologies.
- Ability to gather business requirements and develop functional/technical specifications.
- Good collaboration skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of or background experience in Agile development, Azure DevOps, and various project management methodologies.
- Technical writing skills.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.