Process & Controls Technician
Process & Controls Technician - Direct Hire - $24-$27/hr (OT available) - Onsite in Rocky Mount, VA - W2 Only, no C2C
Position Title: Process and Controls Technician
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Summary of the Job: Design and implement cost effective equipment and processes to improve safety and overall plant output.
Required Education/Experience: Minimum Associates Degree in Electronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics or related field OR equivalent experience
Responsibilities & Skills
- Assure that products being produced are safe, legal and with excellent quality.
- Assure all task performed safely, within the McAirlaid’s Safety Policy and OSHA Standards.
- Modify program/system logic involving multiple systems and their related subsystems
- Assist in the improving, developing, installing, managing and maintaining equipment, control systems, machinery and processes
- Provide advice and consultancy support
- Support asset strategy development and implement best practices to reduce downtime.
- Familiar with Siemans Electronics and Lenze Engineering Software
- PLC/Computer Experience
- Must be able to work in a multifunctional team
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to interact positively with employees at all levels within the organization
- Strong mechanical ability
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, have excellent attention to detail and be willing and able to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong electrical/instrumentation control training and experience
- Excellent computer, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Understanding and working knowledge Lenze and Siemens drives and controls
- Understanding and working knowledge of PLC logic software and programs
- Understanding and working knowledge of Profibus applications
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [email protected] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems is a world-class IT services company that serves thousands of clients across the globe. When you join Apex, you become part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and continuous learning. We offer quality career resources, training, certifications, development opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package. Our commitment to excellence is reflected in many awards, including ClearlyRated's Best of Staffing® in Talent Satisfaction in the United States and Great Place to Work® in the United Kingdom and Mexico.